[NL2-NL10] A9 way out of line

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      no hud, speed.
      villain is a reg with history (in general he plays super solid but against me he adapts well and widens his 3/4b and puts pressure on me; 2,7k hands 18/14 10% 4b)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($22.15)
      Hero ($12.45)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($30.80)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($11.54)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, SB raises to $2.30, Hero calls $1.40

FLOP ($4.60) 2:heart: 5:club: 8:diamond:

SB bets $2.30, Hero calls $2.30

TURN ($9.20) 2:heart: 5:club: 8:diamond: Q:club:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($9.20) 2:heart: 5:club: 8:diamond: Q:club: 9:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

Hero shows 9:diamond: A:club:
      (Pre 63%, Flop 14.4%, Turn 6.8%)

SB shows A:heart: 5:heart:
      (Pre 37%, Flop 85.6%, Turn 93.2%)

Hero wins $8.59

Usually I don't play this loose but against him (and some other regs I seem to lose compass).

I call his cbet since he's full of it and my plan is to shove T if he checks. Is that a superbad plan? I'm quite disappointed because I didn't go with the plan. The way I played it is really horrible.

Should I bet smallish on the R? Or shoved for value against 8x, 9x?

Is it better to just call IP against him or to widen my 5b-shove range?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

We have a very clear call preflop. The 3b is already a mistake and the calling of the 4b is worse. I would just fold right away cos playability is poor. Especially given ur reads u should just call.

Postflop isnt too relevant, if u think his range is rly wide u may need to float once on dry flops. But this is just a problem stemming from a wrong preflop decision.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

We have a very clear call preflop. The 3b is already a mistake and the calling of the 4b is worse. I would just fold right away cos playability is poor. Especially given ur reads u should just call.

Postflop isnt too relevant, if u think his range is rly wide u may need to float once on dry flops. But this is just a problem stemming from a wrong preflop decision.
      I have problem playing against him because he cbets and barrels quite a bit and sometimes I find myself in tough spot on the R against him.

I know that's not good argument for playing bigger pots with such a bad hand but we have some dynamics and from time to time I do try to get him out of comfort zone.

So next time cold call, float some flops and decide on the T? And if he c T to take a stab?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Yes ace high is actually very playable. You can call on most dry flops since ace high has a lot of showdown value vs a wide range.