This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AK 3 bet

• gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      5 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $53.57
      CO: $41.79
      Button: $33.88
      SB: $11.77
      Hero: $40.28

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A:club: K:club:
      [color:#cc0000]UTG raises to $1[/color], CO calls, 2 folds, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $4[/color], UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: Q:spade: 7:club: 9:spade: ($12.1, 3 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $8.5[/color], UTG calls, CO folds.

Turn: A:spade: ($29.1, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero is all-in $27.78[/color], UTG folds.
      Uncalled bets: $27.78 returned to Hero.

I sometimes play a little too aggressive once I’ve 3bet preflop I think… is this a flop worth cbetting considering how large the cbet needs to be and that I’m first to act? Also, once I hit an A on the turn, I don’t think the shove was any good, because I’m not getting called by many worse hands. Maybe a check/call, or check/shove on turn? I don't really put him on super strong hand, since i think he'd often shove the flop with a strong hand.
  • 3 replies
    • lokopussy
      lokopussy
      Bronze
      against to opponents I wouldnt bet here. They are IP and cause of that they might see a turn with a middle pair like TT,JJ. A Q is obviously not folding too and so Im just checkfolding.
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      what about the turn? Do you think that shoving there was an ok play, since there was three cards to a flush and I didn't want him drawing for free if I decided to play check/call or check/push?
    • lokopussy
      lokopussy
      Bronze
      well turnshove seems fine. You hit youre miracle and have to get it in there. Like I saif he can have JJ,TT maybe even kings with a spade which he might call and of course you dont want him to draw you out for free.