This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH][NL25] cbet/delay cbet/dd cbet [KF9]

• KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $68.04
      Hero (SB): $26.39
      BB: $15.14
      UTG: $22.89
      MP: $31.26
      CO: $16.90

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has J:club: J:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $1.00, fold, Hero raises to $3.10, fold, CO calls $2.10

Flop: ($6.45, 2 players) T:diamond: 6:heart: Q:club:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($6.45, 2 players) Q:heart:
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($6.45, 2 players) 9:spade:
      Hero bets $3.75, CO calls $3.75

Hey,

fishy player ..

The thing is that I believe he's not really stabbing the Qx and air all that much. So I wanted to give him a chance to stab ott with his air .. should I just bet there of even cbet?
      He's rather passive ..

thx
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Bet t and r. Flop action and turn card tells us he rarely has qx and we almost always have the best hand. I dont expect him to fold tx to 2 bets.

Thanks
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Since I got only 2 bets vs Tx, isn't it better to try extract extra value from his stabbing or floating range?

cbet - ch/c, or ch/c, ch/c ... I think that 2 bets are the least profitable play.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

Don't you think his air range stabs the Flop really often? When he checks back the Flop, I think he has something with showdown value a lot of the time.

Certainly, this may not always be true, especially when this guy seems to be a fishy with his 60bb stack. But still I think the EV of betting Turn and River is higher than the EV of bluff catching.

If you want to bluff catch, you should do so with a Ten with a weak kicker. JJ is too strong to use as a bluff catcher and I just think he will have more combos of worse pairs which can call your bets, as opposed to air hands which can bluff.

Thanks.