This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 Deep/Ante Facing 4bet with AK

• mrFog
      mrFog
      Silver
      $0.25/$0.50 Ante $0.10 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      3 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      BTN nielssie88 ($126.05) 252bb
      SB sunino ($219.92) 440bb
      BB Hero ($141.16) 282bb

Pre-Flop: ($1.05, 3 players) PtiiiPtaaa is BB K:spade: A:diamond:
      nielssie88 raises to $1, sunino calls $0.75, Hero raises to $4.50, nielssie88 raises to $14, sunino folds, Hero calls $9.50

Flop: 2:club: 7:diamond: 10:club: ($29.30, 2 players)
      Hero checks, nielssie88 bets $19.50, Hero folds

Final Pot: $29.30

nielssie88 wins $66.98 (net +$33.38)

Hero lost $14.10
      sunino lost $1.10
      Ok. I have been playing deepstacked tables now for a while. But sometimes i face this spot, which i find very awkward. In a normal 100 bb game i would just got this in preflop.

However being deepstacked, i don't think it is a very good gameplan to be getting it in preflop with AK here. Villain is a quite agressive fishy type of player.

Villains stats are:

vpip 41
      pfr 26
      3b 9,8%
      4b 0%

agression stats are really low:
      1.0 overall
      1.0 flop
      0.8 turn
      3.0 river

This is only based on 98 hands, it is a very small sample, i know.

Can someone help me to the right way of thinking in this spot?

I guess my options are:

- 5b, get it in
      - flat the 4b, and check/call any toppair
      - flat the 4b, and check/raise some flops we miss, and just c/c flops we hit.

The problem with the last option is, i really would not know what kind of flops to checkraise. I imagine 678 type of courd can be fun, because i think he does not have that type of hands in his 4betting range.

Thnx for reading this post, i hope someone finds time to help me out here :)
  • 4 replies
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Another option would be to 5bet/fold. I know it sounds dirty at first look, but how often is he really 6bet/shipping AQ, or even QQ? We also eliminate the problem of calling a 4bet OOP and having to check/fold most flops. Even if we hit we often have big reverse implied odds. By 5betting we instantly pick up the money if he's bluffing, avoid getting stacked by AA/KK (since those will usually just get it in pre since it looks like we're not folding once we 5bet), so if he does call we know we're usually up against a pocket pair or hands like A5s looking to flop big. So I tend to 5bet/fold in these spots.
    • mrFog
      mrFog
      Silver
      Hm i like your creativity!

However i am not sure it seems to the best option to me.
      I don't think everybody autoshovs KK+ in this spot as a 6bet, and therefore i think we have a problem postflop, since we are not sure about his range (will depend per play i assume).

But let's say we choose to 5bet/fold, what would your sizing be?

And let's say we 5bet, he calls. What whould you do on a Q23r board? (sizing and so on) :)
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      31$ seems fine.

I would cbet and expect him to play very straight forward. Our 5betting range should be pretty strong (duh) so I don't expect him to get out of line especially often. Our cbets should also be pretty small since the pot is already so big, so a cbet should easily show immediate profit.

But yea, 5bet/folding was just another option I think is kinda cool, I guess flatting the 4bet with AK has its merits as well (we strenghten our 4bet-call range, we keep his low Axo in, etc). I certainly don't mind calling the 4bet, I just think the 5bet can be kinda cool.
    • mrFog
      mrFog
      Silver
      Agree, Thnx!