• mrFog
      $0.25/$0.50 Ante $0.10 No Limit Holdem
      3 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

BTN nielssie88 ($126.05) 252bb
      SB sunino ($219.92) 440bb
      BB Hero ($141.16) 282bb

Pre-Flop: ($1.05, 3 players) PtiiiPtaaa is BB K:spade: A:diamond:
      nielssie88 raises to $1, sunino calls $0.75, Hero raises to $4.50, nielssie88 raises to $14, sunino folds, Hero calls $9.50

Flop: 2:club: 7:diamond: 10:club: ($29.30, 2 players)
      Hero checks, nielssie88 bets $19.50, Hero folds

Final Pot: $29.30

nielssie88 wins $66.98 (net +$33.38)

Hero lost $14.10
      sunino lost $1.10
      Ok. I have been playing deepstacked tables now for a while. But sometimes i face this spot, which i find very awkward. In a normal 100 bb game i would just got this in preflop.

However being deepstacked, i don't think it is a very good gameplan to be getting it in preflop with AK here. Villain is a quite agressive fishy type of player.

Villains stats are:

vpip 41
      pfr 26
      3b 9,8%
      4b 0%

agression stats are really low:
      1.0 overall
      1.0 flop
      0.8 turn
      3.0 river

This is only based on 98 hands, it is a very small sample, i know.

Can someone help me to the right way of thinking in this spot?

I guess my options are:

- 5b, get it in
      - flat the 4b, and check/call any toppair
      - flat the 4b, and check/raise some flops we miss, and just c/c flops we hit.

The problem with the last option is, i really would not know what kind of flops to checkraise. I imagine 678 type of courd can be fun, because i think he does not have that type of hands in his 4betting range.

Thnx for reading this post, i hope someone finds time to help me out here :)
  • 4 replies
    • imfromsweden007
      Another option would be to 5bet/fold. I know it sounds dirty at first look, but how often is he really 6bet/shipping AQ, or even QQ? We also eliminate the problem of calling a 4bet OOP and having to check/fold most flops. Even if we hit we often have big reverse implied odds. By 5betting we instantly pick up the money if he's bluffing, avoid getting stacked by AA/KK (since those will usually just get it in pre since it looks like we're not folding once we 5bet), so if he does call we know we're usually up against a pocket pair or hands like A5s looking to flop big. So I tend to 5bet/fold in these spots.
    • mrFog
      Hm i like your creativity!

However i am not sure it seems to the best option to me.
      I don't think everybody autoshovs KK+ in this spot as a 6bet, and therefore i think we have a problem postflop, since we are not sure about his range (will depend per play i assume).

But let's say we choose to 5bet/fold, what would your sizing be?

And let's say we 5bet, he calls. What whould you do on a Q23r board? (sizing and so on) :)
    • imfromsweden007
      31$ seems fine.

I would cbet and expect him to play very straight forward. Our 5betting range should be pretty strong (duh) so I don't expect him to get out of line especially often. Our cbets should also be pretty small since the pot is already so big, so a cbet should easily show immediate profit.

But yea, 5bet/folding was just another option I think is kinda cool, I guess flatting the 4bet with AK has its merits as well (we strenghten our 4bet-call range, we keep his low Axo in, etc). I certainly don't mind calling the 4bet, I just think the 5bet can be kinda cool.
    • mrFog
      Agree, Thnx!