ok its time for "know your neighbour"

• NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      I'm just curious - I've been here for some time but nobody's talking about this subject.
      I am just wondering how fast you can progress in the poker world. (I'm sure it depends on many factors)
      So...
      How long have you been playing and how much do you make average from poker?
      Do you work or do you just play poker for a living?
      What are your goals?
  • 32 replies
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      I played for 2 years (online and live), not seriously.
      Been playing for 2 months, building a bankroll from scratch. Up to about $200 now. I just started playing BSS NL2 on Titan.
      I'm a student, so poker is part time. I don't think I'd ever go poker full time, but I can see a semi-pro with a real job in the future.
      Right now I average about $1.80/hr
    • stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      Hi there

Iv'e been playing for about 2 years. Last year I built my $50 to around $700 but then withdrew to help towards my wedding.

I deposited $50 into Party around 2 weeks ago and am currently at $110
      I play NL10 SSS.

I play for fun at the moment but hope that one day I'll have the knowledge, skill and bankroll to play higher stakes.

For me the biggest buzz comes from learning and remembering certain situations. I love this site and missed it a great deal during my little break.

Next year I'm going to Vegas, not with any goals in mind but you never :D
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      I've been playing since October last year - 8-9 months - with a 2 month break due to my preparation for the university exams. So - like 6-7 months.

I began with 50$ from another site, made it to 230$ and withdrew it. Back then I had just the basic knowledge for a winning game and was running above expectation.

Then I came across Pokerstrategy and it all was bound to get more serious. Starting with SSS, i built my roll to 150$, deposited 50$ myself because SSS took too much time, and BSS has been my game since then. These are the times when I developed and worked on my game and I'd say that I am currently playing a solid and good poker based on the foundations of the articles and videos here on PS.

Played NL10, then NL15(on mansion) and 5$ sng's until I cleared the 50+100$ bonus pokerstrategy give. Then made some bonus whoring on 3 sites playing NL25 and meanwhile cashed out two times but I don't remember the exact amount.. It should have been in the range of 500-700$.

Then I decided to start a b-log and play a lot during the summer and you may see the results there - I'm more than satisfied.

Currently, my goal is to earn an average of at least 1000$ a month which is easily achievable on NL100 with more than 20k hands/month and if you add a bonus/rakeback, the expected profit grows even more.

This is a lot of money in my country and I am happy that I am able to put hobby and money-earning in one.

I hope I didn't get extended too much :) GL at the tables.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      - playing since 02/08
      - winnings: secret ;)
      - I'm student but I switched to combine form of study to have more free time
      - playing for living since June (currently on 3/6 FL SH, but more than 60% of my income are bonuses/rake-backs - the rest is from BR)

It's not much $/hr but it's much more I would get here (Slovakia) for 4hr/day job :D

As soon as I'll secure myself on 5/10 SH I'll say I'm playing as pro (bottom end of medium stakes but hey, I have more than I need for living :P ).
      I'll be Supernova within 2 months (just switched to Stars) and I'm aiming for Supernova elite by the end of next year (= at least $96,000 from FPP per year is what I really need at the moment).

wish me good luck :heart:
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Playing since 21 october 07, moved up from NL5SH to NL200SH and I took a six and a ten week break for exams.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I started playing serious like 2 months ago (although I registered on PS and then took a 4 months break), but I've been switching variants and strategies. First I started on NL using SSS earning like 150BBs, then I went to SnGs/MTTs but I quickly realized that I find SnGs and MTTs boring. So then because of TAF I went to BSS FR NL5, then with summer frenzy bonus I could go to NL10 FR. Some days playing NL10 on Titan I realized there are too many tight players on FR so I changed to SH. Since then I'm on SH.

My total earnings are something like $100, but my main goal now is to make my game's leaks disappear and eventually go to NL20 SH.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      I started off playing NL10 SSS and $2 Sit and Gos. I also played MTTs. I have recently decided to switch to FL as I find this type of poker to be more interesting than NL. My BR is currently $210.
      My goals:
      1) BR= $1000 by this time next year
      2) Avoid Tilt
      3) Further my understanding of poker
    • n3l1x
      n3l1x
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      - playing since 02/08
      - winnings: secret ;)
      - I'm student but I switched to combine form of study to have more free time
      - playing for living since June (currently on 3/6 FL SH, but more than 60% of my income are bonuses/rake-backs - the rest is from BR)

It's not much $/hr but it's much more I would get here (Slovakia) for 4hr/day job :D

As soon as I'll secure myself on 5/10 SH I'll say I'm playing as pro (bottom end of medium stakes but hey, I have more than I need for living :P ).
      I'll be Supernova within 2 months (just switched to Stars) and I'm aiming for Supernova elite by the end of next year (= at least $96,000 from FPP per year is what I really need at the moment).

wish me good luck :heart:
      Supernova elite = Black Member? :) Looks like your doing quite well for yourself!

Im still grinding the micro limits
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by n3l1x

Supernova elite = Black Member? :) Looks like your doing quite well for yourself!

not really as my account on PokerStars is not tracked to PS :(
      but who knows... Stars support can be more helpful on some higher level...
    • n3l1x
      n3l1x
      Bronze

How old is the account? if you created it after septemer 2007 just write an email to affiliates@pokerstars.com and ask them to re-track your account. seen lots of people on the forum manage to retrack their accounts lately.

anyways best of luck to you :)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze

Ask nicely on all levels and then tell me on which they accepted you :D
      I'd like to know that too :)
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Playing seriously since June '07.
      Winnings: about 25k€, hourly winrate is about 55€ atm.
      Going pro in September for a year or 2. Goal is to amass good money, invest it wisely and get a passive income to be financially stable for the rest of my life. I'm graduating in August with 2 diploma's, but it doesn't seem appealing to me to get a lesser paid job and have less freedom. Other goals: move up to the high stakes (NL2k), have a 3 digit hourly winrate, winning a major tournament.
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      play seriously since januari this year
      managed to turn the 50$ from PS into 1k€, withdrew and took a 2month break to study.
      Deposited 100$ after my exams and made it to 2k$+ already :)
      all this in 140hours so thats like a 9€/hour winrate :) (better than working in a restaurant or something like that+I have fun and learn a lot this way)
      currently playing 25NL SH, switching to 50NL soon and would like to have a nice income playing poker apart from my studies (still 3years to go :) )
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Many of you wrote hourly winrate... How do you know how many hours have you played? :)
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      Many of you wrote hourly winrate... How do you know how many hours have you played? :)
      PokerTracker keeps track of that
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      You have to track "live" or how does it calculate?
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      it gets it from the hand histories, and can calculate your multi-tabling ratio as well
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Been playing since August last year, I didn't have a clue about the game then so it was just for fun till a friend told me about this site n I realised I could be a winning player. Thx PS! :heart:

Been playing seriously since joining this site at the end of March, n I love the game so much :D

My biggest win was a $3 mtt, I came 1st for $211. The closest I got to a really big win was 21/4000, $5.2k for 1st but I only won $88, it was a good experience tho :)

I would like to be pro some day but I need to play more and have a lot more to learn.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze

Hey opal

Actually you will probably have an easier time getting your account re-tracked at a lower level than at a higher level since not as much rake is involved :)

If you aren't tracked over another affiliate and your account is newer than 1.9.2007 just write a mail to affiliates@pokerstars.com and ask to be re-tracked. Usually they answer within a week or so.

Best regards,
      SoyCD