[NL2-NL10] 1st NL10 SH AJo vs fish

• treyking
      treyking
      Bronze
      Full Tilt, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $10.11 (101.1 bb)
      SB: $5.67 (56.7 bb)
      BB: $7.68 (76.8 bb)
      MP: $6.36 (63.6 bb)
      CO: $8.25 (82.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A J
      MP raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, MP calls $0.70, CO folds

Flop: ($2.45) 9 J T (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $1.59, MP raises to $3.18, Hero raises to $7.50, MP calls $2.18

Turn: ($13.17) 8 (2 players)
      River: ($13.17) T (2 players)

Results:
      $13.17 pot ($0.87 rake)
      Final Board: 9 J T 8 T
      Hero showed A J and won $0.00 (-$6.36 net)
      MP showed 7 8 and won $12.30 ($5.94 net)

Stats:UTG:61/22/3bet 0,0/33 hands,CO:36/24/8,9/45

Preflop I was izolating that fish on UTG.

Postlop ...nice spew :-D I wouldnt do it now ,but I dont know how to play it ...Can you help me please ?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi treyking,

Preflop: Looks good versus two fish

Postflop: This all depends on the type of range you think MP can stack off with.

Since he is a pretty big fish he can have a lot of 2p, straights, and some combo draws and overall we aren't doing that great.

Assuming 0 FE we only need to invest 3.77 into a final pot of 13.17 so we only need 28% equity. Because of that I don't think we can fold TPTK with flush redraw unless we can't expect villain to stack off JK/JQ/TQ etc.

As a homework for you equilab your hand versus a range that you think he'll do this with.
    • treyking
      treyking
      Bronze
      Thank you very much for everything you do for me ,it's so cool :-) I like the way you learn me to play the best and I will do exactly ,what you tell me ,I was thinking about what should I improve and yes...that's problem with ranges I get to oponents ...simply I just don't know what he could have sometimes -....so equi lab is solution....thank you :s_grin:
      DO you have some other tips for me on how to improve hand reading and making decisions depending on oponents range ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by treyking
      Thank you very much for everything you do for me ,it's so cool :-) I like the way you learn me to play the best and I will do exactly ,what you tell me ,I was thinking about what should I improve and yes...that's problem with ranges I get to oponents ...simply I just don't know what he could have sometimes -....so equi lab is solution....thank you :s_grin:
      DO you have some other tips for me on how to improve hand reading and making decisions depending on oponents range ?
      Hi Treyking,

You are very welcome. I do recommend that you don't just take everything we say (judges/coaches) for granted. We can make mistakes too and it's good for your development to also challenge everything that you hear (ex: does it make sense to you - and if it doesn't find out why).

For hand reading exercises I do recommend using hands from your DB in equilab and of course these forums. There are also videos that touch on this subject that you can watch.

Best of luck at the tables,

Bogdan