[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - Mehh unsure again (3b pot)

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hello guys

Villain 21/15/104h and 2.2% 3bet overall so he is nitty. So far 2/2 foldto3bet and 40% btnopenraise

Preflop: I was almost calling (folding Q9o) but because of his high foldto3b so far I went for the 3bet. He calls and he should have a pretty tight range.

Flop: I could bet or x/c I wasn't sure. Vs most regs I'm just betting to balance my range lately. Sometimes he could call worse here so I did bet.

Turn is obv bad for me and firstly I was like allright check/decide but then I thought it might be better to change my hand into bluff. Then I was thinking wheter I need to bet turn and river or only turn and I decided that he probably folds JJ and KT to a healthy turnbet.

What do you think? I also thought that I could be valuetowning myself if i continue betting river and I see a floated AQ/AK.

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2091893
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $52.30
      Hero (BB): $56.62
      UTG: $52.64
      CO: $73.10
      BTN: $53.72

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with Q :diamond: T :spade:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $1.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $4.50, BTN calls $3.25

Flop: ($9.25) 3 :club: 4 :diamond: T :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, BTN calls $5

Turn: ($19.25) A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $11.50, BTN calls $11.50

River: ($42.25) 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Farma,

First off, 100 hands and 2 folds to a 3-bet are not a sample. Where those fold to 3-bet on the BTN or somewhere else? It could have been UTG vs BB 3-bet, or MP vs BTN. The positions are key here.

Now, we have picked a hand with blockers to 3-bet with but also a hand that does poorly if called and we are in positions where calling will happen more often and we will be dominated often (especially since raise and 3-bet are smaller in size).

So my default here is to just fold/call our hand unless we can 3-bet for value (which we can't).

Postflop: as played the flop cbet is fine and I think we should look at check/folding the turn because we don't really know if villain can still call Tx or JJ there and he can have Ax floats.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hmm allright, it just looks weak to fold a broadway hand... don't we fold too mucht then? OOP we should 3bet way more polarized ???

check/folding the turn because we don't really know if villain can still call Tx or JJ

That's a good argument indeed but this is at the same time my main question. What would u say most people with his stats do there with those hands?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Hmm allright, it just looks weak to fold a broadway hand... don't we fold too mucht then? OOP we should 3bet way more polarized ???

check/folding the turn because we don't really know if villain can still call Tx or JJ

That's a good argument indeed but this is at the same time my main question. What would u say most people with his stats do there with those hands?
      I think that villain would just check back his Tx/JJ type hands and bet Ax+ and some other floats most of the time.

As far as the range we 3-bet with I prefer to have my value range (let's say AQ+, JJ+) and then hands that have playability if called but don't get us in a lot of trouble like 78s, T8s, etc.