This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - Mehh unsure again (3b pot)

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hello guys

Villain 21/15/104h and 2.2% 3bet overall so he is nitty. So far 2/2 foldto3bet and 40% btnopenraise

Preflop: I was almost calling (folding Q9o) but because of his high foldto3b so far I went for the 3bet. He calls and he should have a pretty tight range.

Flop: I could bet or x/c I wasn't sure. Vs most regs I'm just betting to balance my range lately. Sometimes he could call worse here so I did bet.

Turn is obv bad for me and firstly I was like allright check/decide but then I thought it might be better to change my hand into bluff. Then I was thinking wheter I need to bet turn and river or only turn and I decided that he probably folds JJ and KT to a healthy turnbet.

What do you think? I also thought that I could be valuetowning myself if i continue betting river and I see a floated AQ/AK.

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2091893
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $52.30
      Hero (BB): $56.62
      UTG: $52.64
      CO: $73.10
      BTN: $53.72

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with Q :diamond: T :spade:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $1.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $4.50, BTN calls $3.25

Flop: ($9.25) 3 :club: 4 :diamond: T :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, BTN calls $5

Turn: ($19.25) A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $11.50, BTN calls $11.50

River: ($42.25) 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Farma,

First off, 100 hands and 2 folds to a 3-bet are not a sample. Where those fold to 3-bet on the BTN or somewhere else? It could have been UTG vs BB 3-bet, or MP vs BTN. The positions are key here.

Now, we have picked a hand with blockers to 3-bet with but also a hand that does poorly if called and we are in positions where calling will happen more often and we will be dominated often (especially since raise and 3-bet are smaller in size).

So my default here is to just fold/call our hand unless we can 3-bet for value (which we can't).

Postflop: as played the flop cbet is fine and I think we should look at check/folding the turn because we don't really know if villain can still call Tx or JJ there and he can have Ax floats.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hmm allright, it just looks weak to fold a broadway hand... don't we fold too mucht then? OOP we should 3bet way more polarized ???

check/folding the turn because we don't really know if villain can still call Tx or JJ

That's a good argument indeed but this is at the same time my main question. What would u say most people with his stats do there with those hands?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Hmm allright, it just looks weak to fold a broadway hand... don't we fold too mucht then? OOP we should 3bet way more polarized ???

check/folding the turn because we don't really know if villain can still call Tx or JJ

That's a good argument indeed but this is at the same time my main question. What would u say most people with his stats do there with those hands?
      I think that villain would just check back his Tx/JJ type hands and bet Ax+ and some other floats most of the time.

As far as the range we 3-bet with I prefer to have my value range (let's say AQ+, JJ+) and then hands that have playability if called but don't get us in a lot of trouble like 78s, T8s, etc.