[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL2 AJs 06-02-13 (zoom)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $1.79 (89.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $2.07 (103.5 bb)
      BB: $1.59 (79.5 bb)
      UTG: $1.28 (64 bb)
      MP: $5.49 (274.5 bb)
      CO: $2.99 (149.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J A
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.06, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, MP calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.42) 2 9 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.33, MP calls $0.33

Turn: ($1.08) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.78, MP raises to $4.96 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.76

River: ($4.16) 7 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Hi,
      Aparently I can't figure out how to play poker anymore, guess it's because I lost every hand even my +EV's again this session, don't know what is going on, can't point out my leak
      This might be one, but might be because I tilted...

My thoughtprocess
      Wanted to represent AA here, so made a 3bet, guess it's not directly a value bet as alot of pp can call this...

Flop:
      Had a draw for the flush so made a semi bluff, trying to represent a strong hand here, maybe I should make it a bit bigger?

Turn:
      This was a value bet, and now he shoved, I'm thinking KJ,QJ,AJ FD, only hand that really beats me right here is trips.
      Thought about my draw, and decided to call the shove, but maybe it would have been better to fold here.

Villain:
      Unknown
      33/33 - 6 hands
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Resilence,

Preflop: Unless you expect villain to call hands like AT, KQ, KJ, etc this is not really a value 3-bet but rather a bluff 3-bet. I also think that the size is a bit small for OOP, I'd make it at least 0.22-0.24 here.

Postflop: As played I would cbet 1/2 pot flop and turn and once you bet the turn as big as you do you can't really fold.

My question to you is: what do we get value from with a bet on the turn except maybe vs TT?
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      don't you think KJ, QJ might play this way, but no, not many hands I get value from unless I hit, which I do way to rarely on the river, I guess...
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Resilence
      don't you think KJ, QJ might play this way, but no, not many hands I get value from unless I hit, which I do way to rarely on the river, I guess...
      You block the Jc which means that villain would have to not only call your 3-bet OOP with KJ and QJ but then float you with pretty much nothing (maybe a backdoor flush and two overs). That's not realistic at all in my opinion.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Basicly only sets shove here?
      Could occational be KcTc, QcTc, but yeah not really probable...

Thx I think I see my mistake.
      Still have problems with these not knowing how much to bet each street etc...
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Resilence
      Basicly only sets shove here?
      Could occational be KcTc, QcTc, but yeah not really probable...

Thx I think I see my mistake.
      Still have problems with these not knowing how much to bet each street etc...
      Yes, some rare draws and stronger hands like overpairs/sets.

When you are looking at betting first find the reason behind your bet. Either value, bluff or take down pot. After you find the reason try to break down the ranges that he would have. FOr example, if we valuebet, what worse calls versus the rest of his range. If we bluff, what better folds. ETC.