This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 "55" on the river

• Kireto
      Kireto
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players -

SB: $2.52
      BB: $3.95
      UTG: $5.00
      UTG+1: $5.03
      UTG+2: $3.81
      MP1: $2.25
      MP2: $4.41
      CO: $5.02
      Hero (BTN): $5.07

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with 5 :diamond: 5 :club:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 1 fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) 3 :heart: 9 :club: 9 :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.19, BB calls $0.19

Turn: ($0.70) 8 :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.35, BB calls $0.35

River: ($1.40) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.86, Hero folds

After a long poker break I am a bit rusty, so I am grinding the NL5. Its Rush Poker and I have no read on the opponent or stats. I was thinking that I am ahead on the flop and the turn, but this lead on the river confused me a lot. What do you guys think about this hand?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Kireto,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Villain seems fishy (due to stack size) so I don't mind the cbet on the flop for thin value and protection (and we don't mind taking down the pot).

On the turn however I don't think there's a ton of value in betting there. Maybe Ax calls us but we don't know anything about the fish. So I would look at checking back.

As played I'd fold the river as well, we only beat a pure bluff and I can't see a ton of those in his range.

As a side note, once you leave a reply, please hit the "advise judge to take another look" button so we can see that you would like to continue the discussion.
    • Kireto
      Kireto
      Bronze
      Thank you BogdanPS. I completely agree with your opinion and thanks for the help.

I dont know why i clicked the check again button :) ) sorry
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Kireto
      Thank you BogdanPS. I completely agree with your opinion and thanks for the help.

I dont know why i clicked the check again button :) ) sorry
      No worries.

Best of luck at the tables.