[NL20-NL50] nl20sh JJ

• lodinn
      lodinn
      Bronze
      Anon-tables. No stats. Didn't want to 3b unknown vs UTG. Is it just easy fold on flop, doubt he c-bets bluffs here OOP 3way?

Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $20.20 (101 bb)
      SB: $31.82 (159.1 bb)
      BB: $39.53 (197.7 bb)
      UTG: $20 (100 bb)
      Hero (MP): $20 (100 bb)
      CO: $9.40 (47 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J J
      UTG raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, 3 folds, BB raises to $2.40, UTG calls $1.80, Hero calls $1.80

Flop: ($7.30) 6 9 7 (3 players)
      BB bets $4.50, 2 folds

Results:
      $7.30 pot ($0.36 rake)
      Final Board: 6 9 7
      BB mucked and won $6.94 ($4.54 net)
      UTG mucked and lost (-$2.40 net)
      Hero mucked J J and lost (-$2.40 net)
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey lodinn,

Flat vs UTG is fine. When BB 3bets, the only reason you should call is because UTG calls too, improving your direct odds. Otherwise your JJ is likely behind the range of BB that squeezes vs UTG/MP and you can't really set mine vs 1 opponent 100bb deep.

Flop is pretty straight forward fold imo. You should play to set-mine and fold when you don't flop a set.
    • lodinn
      lodinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey lodinn,

Flat vs UTG is fine. When BB 3bets, the only reason you should call is because UTG calls too, improving your direct odds. Otherwise your JJ is likely behind the range of BB that squeezes vs UTG/MP and you can't really set mine vs 1 opponent 100bb deep.

Flop is pretty straight forward fold imo. You should play to set-mine and fold when you don't flop a set.
      So you don't think I can call here if UTG folds? That was plan anyways. Even if we without reads can assume that his sqz-range is tight, we often face AK(sometimes AQ etc) here and I think there's some situations where we can get some value from those hands postflop, given that the board is low.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by lodinn

So you don't think I can call here if UTG folds? That was plan anyways. Even if we without reads can assume that his sqz-range is tight, we often face AK(sometimes AQ etc) here and I think there's some situations where we can get some value from those hands postflop, given that the board is low.
      Even if BB has AQ+, QQ+ you are flipping against his range on the flop. It's questionable whether he even has AQ/QQ when he squeezes vs UTG/MP. Even if his range really is AQ+/QQ, he may only cbet QQ+ in which case you are in really bad shape vs his cbet range. His preflop range could easily be KK+ here in which case your JJ is in terrible shape.

If you were deeper you could call just vs 1 opponent, but 100bb deep usually the best option is to fold here. It might be different if you were on the BTN and got squeezed.

Please use "advise judge" feature any time you would like a response. You will help out the judges this way. Thank you! :)