This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl20sh ATs

• lodinn
      lodinn
      Bronze
      Anon-tables. Fi had like 25/11 WTSD 0, 2.0 agf over 70 hands. no other reads or stats that I can remember. Didn't want to bet turn as if I get called im mostly ahead, I fold out air/draws that can bluff river and I do expect to get c/r here sometimes?

On the river, I don't think he reps much else than KJ,KQ, sets and rarely AQ(?). Doubt he valuebets a jack here. So, is it ok to bluffcatch vs missed draws?

Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $16.10 (80.5 bb)
      Hero (MP): $27.71 (138.5 bb)
      CO: $20 (100 bb)
      BTN: $23.86 (119.3 bb)
      SB: $20 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A T
      Hero raises to $0.60, 3 folds, BB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.30) J 3 T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.90, BB calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.10) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($3.10) 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.30, Hero calls $2.30

Results:
      $7.70 pot ($0.38 rake)
      Final Board: J 3 T K 4
      BB showed 7 5 and lost (-$3.80 net)
      Hero showed A T and won $7.32 ($3.52 net)
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Lodinn,

Preflop is fine.

Flop is ok, there are a decent amount of draws that can call you, and some worse Tx.

I agree with your comments on turn. You don't get called by worse often enough and some of villains range has improved. KTs,KJs,KQ,AQ, maybe AK/Q9s.

River is close. I'd probably fold. It's not just a question of which hands villain gets to the river with but also whether he'd bluff those hands. You need to have best hand around 30%.

He can potentially be value betting KTs/KJs/KQ/AQ/Q9/JJ/TT (49 combos). In his bluff range he can have 89s and a bunch of suited connectors and one-gappers in spades. (I wouldn't necessarily include one-gappers in his calling range, but he obviously has them). I'd estimate this would amount to about 17 combos of bluffing hands.

If he ALWAYS bluffed and ALWAYS had a bunch of low suited gappers in his range he'd probably only be bluffing 25% of the time given the combinatorics. Not enough to call.