[NL2-NL10] Two pair

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      no hud, speed,
      SB rock (2k hands, 16/12/ 90 folds from sb...while playing I knew he's rock and super tight)
      BB tight reg (16/12/77 folds from bb...while playing I just had him marked as a reg)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($28.23)
      BB ($27.05)
      UTG ($13.94)
      UTG+1 ($6.35)
      CO ($11.47)
      Hero ($10)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: 6:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.25, SB calls $0.20, BB calls $0.15

FLOP ($0.75) A:diamond: 9:club: 7:spade:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.75) A:diamond: 9:club: 7:spade: 6:heart:

SB checks, BB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.90, SB folds, BB calls $1.30

RIVER ($4.55) A:diamond: 9:club: 7:spade: 6:heart: Q:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $3.30, BB calls $3.30

BB shows 7:heart: 6:diamond:
      (Pre 30%, Flop 10.0%, Turn 4.5%)

Hero shows A:spade: 6:club:
      (Pre 70%, Flop 90.0%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero wins $10.41

Was thinking of making a cbet but my hand is nice and don't want to fold to c/r. So before c flop my thought were to bet T and R.

Ok, T is good card and since there are some SD, GS, possible I go for bigger bet to get max value.

R is pretty much blank. I would expect them to 3b AK/AQ so I go for max value of AJ and lower. There is a possibility of A9 or A7 but in the end I think there are many Ax I beat. Also there might be some 2 pair combos (but not as many as I would normally think since he's tight).

If we see c/shove...is folding a must?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Why are we afraid of a ck/raise on that board? Can we really expect to get raised often? You have two tighter guys and while there's not a lot that we get value from with a bet we can't really continue often without improving (by continue I mean call more than one street). So I would look to bet the flop.

Given how we played our hand I think villain will have a hard time bet/folding Ax or 2p so raising for value and betting river is fine. Versus a ck/shove I think it's closer to a fold. At worse we see AQ.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

Postflop: Why are we afraid of a ck/raise on that board? Can we really expect to get raised often? You have two tighter guys and while there's not a lot that we get value from with a bet we can't really continue often without improving (by continue I mean call more than one street). So I would look to bet the flop.

This tight guys are inclined to c/f when they miss. So they fold worse and call only better Ax. But with T coming J/Q/K I might get some value out of them on later streets.
      I do cbet with TP but this flop is not that draw heavy and I wouldn't like any call since they're both a bit tight. So I rather go for some value on T and (maybe) R.

Tnx :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

This tight guys are inclined to c/f when they miss. So they fold worse and call only better Ax. But with T coming J/Q/K I might get some value out of them on later streets.
      I do cbet with TP but this flop is not that draw heavy and I wouldn't like any call since they're both a bit tight. So I rather go for some value on T and (maybe) R.

Tnx :)
      Versus guys like this its hard to get much value even if we check flop. Very few of these nits pay up 2nd pair on such boards. Now 2p+ is a different story.