This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Two pair

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      no hud, speed,
      SB rock (2k hands, 16/12/ 90 folds from sb...while playing I knew he's rock and super tight)
      BB tight reg (16/12/77 folds from bb...while playing I just had him marked as a reg)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($28.23)
      BB ($27.05)
      UTG ($13.94)
      UTG+1 ($6.35)
      CO ($11.47)
      Hero ($10)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: 6:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.25, SB calls $0.20, BB calls $0.15

FLOP ($0.75) A:diamond: 9:club: 7:spade:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.75) A:diamond: 9:club: 7:spade: 6:heart:

SB checks, BB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.90, SB folds, BB calls $1.30

RIVER ($4.55) A:diamond: 9:club: 7:spade: 6:heart: Q:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $3.30, BB calls $3.30

BB shows 7:heart: 6:diamond:
      (Pre 30%, Flop 10.0%, Turn 4.5%)

Hero shows A:spade: 6:club:
      (Pre 70%, Flop 90.0%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero wins $10.41

Was thinking of making a cbet but my hand is nice and don't want to fold to c/r. So before c flop my thought were to bet T and R.

Ok, T is good card and since there are some SD, GS, possible I go for bigger bet to get max value.

R is pretty much blank. I would expect them to 3b AK/AQ so I go for max value of AJ and lower. There is a possibility of A9 or A7 but in the end I think there are many Ax I beat. Also there might be some 2 pair combos (but not as many as I would normally think since he's tight).

If we see c/shove...is folding a must?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Why are we afraid of a ck/raise on that board? Can we really expect to get raised often? You have two tighter guys and while there's not a lot that we get value from with a bet we can't really continue often without improving (by continue I mean call more than one street). So I would look to bet the flop.

Given how we played our hand I think villain will have a hard time bet/folding Ax or 2p so raising for value and betting river is fine. Versus a ck/shove I think it's closer to a fold. At worse we see AQ.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

Postflop: Why are we afraid of a ck/raise on that board? Can we really expect to get raised often? You have two tighter guys and while there's not a lot that we get value from with a bet we can't really continue often without improving (by continue I mean call more than one street). So I would look to bet the flop.

This tight guys are inclined to c/f when they miss. So they fold worse and call only better Ax. But with T coming J/Q/K I might get some value out of them on later streets.
      I do cbet with TP but this flop is not that draw heavy and I wouldn't like any call since they're both a bit tight. So I rather go for some value on T and (maybe) R.

Tnx :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

This tight guys are inclined to c/f when they miss. So they fold worse and call only better Ax. But with T coming J/Q/K I might get some value out of them on later streets.
      I do cbet with TP but this flop is not that draw heavy and I wouldn't like any call since they're both a bit tight. So I rather go for some value on T and (maybe) R.

Tnx :)
      Versus guys like this its hard to get much value even if we check flop. Very few of these nits pay up 2nd pair on such boards. Now 2p+ is a different story.