Stacks:
      UTG ($4.16) 104bb
      UTG+1 ($3.80) 95bb
      CO ($2.01) 50bb
      HERO (BTN) ($7.17) 179bb
      SB ($9.81) 245bb
      BB ($4) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 6 players) HERO is BTN J:spade: J:club:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.04, HERO raises to $0.18, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.32, HERO?

Villain: 70/13, AF: 1.5, 30h

PRE
      Usually, limp-raising means strength. Against the QQ+, AK I`m doing poorly. Better to just fold?

Can`t really flat, don`t get the right odds to hit a set. What if I call and flop comes 258r and he shoves?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

His raise size is really small. I'm probably flatting. Another thing to take note of is that people's limp/reraise range tend to be wider when they have shorter stacks. But what worries me is his size - He made it smaller than 2X, which is more indicative of a monster.

This is really a close spot. With QQ I'm probably just shipping and hoping to run into JJ and TT. With JJ here, I think even folding may be fine, flatting here and shipping on a low Flop is also possible.

Thanks.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hi!

What if he 3-bets bigger, like 0.5 - 0.6? Flatting in this case does not look that good anymore. Folding would not be a big mistake, but shipping would?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      The larger he 3bets, the worse calling gets, and the better shoving gets. If he makes a larger 3bet size, I think the likelihood of him having AK/TT/99 increases, which would favour stacking off here.

I still think it is a close decision because villain is 50bb, and from my own experience I have seen people limp/reraise weaker hands between 30-50bb. With 100bb, their ranges tend to be a lot more skewed towards AA/KK/QQ/AK. In this situation, then I would prefer calling to bluffcatch maybe one or two streets, and also set-mine to some extent.