This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH, JJ vs short limp-raiser

• dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Holdem
      PartyPoker
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($4.16) 104bb
      UTG+1 ($3.80) 95bb
      CO ($2.01) 50bb
      HERO (BTN) ($7.17) 179bb
      SB ($9.81) 245bb
      BB ($4) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 6 players) HERO is BTN J:spade: J:club:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.04, HERO raises to $0.18, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.32, HERO?

Villain: 70/13, AF: 1.5, 30h

PRE
      Usually, limp-raising means strength. Against the QQ+, AK I`m doing poorly. Better to just fold?

Can`t really flat, don`t get the right odds to hit a set. What if I call and flop comes 258r and he shoves?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

His raise size is really small. I'm probably flatting. Another thing to take note of is that people's limp/reraise range tend to be wider when they have shorter stacks. But what worries me is his size - He made it smaller than 2X, which is more indicative of a monster.

This is really a close spot. With QQ I'm probably just shipping and hoping to run into JJ and TT. With JJ here, I think even folding may be fine, flatting here and shipping on a low Flop is also possible.

Thanks.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hi!

What if he 3-bets bigger, like 0.5 - 0.6? Flatting in this case does not look that good anymore. Folding would not be a big mistake, but shipping would?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      The larger he 3bets, the worse calling gets, and the better shoving gets. If he makes a larger 3bet size, I think the likelihood of him having AK/TT/99 increases, which would favour stacking off here.

I still think it is a close decision because villain is 50bb, and from my own experience I have seen people limp/reraise weaker hands between 30-50bb. With 100bb, their ranges tend to be a lot more skewed towards AA/KK/QQ/AK. In this situation, then I would prefer calling to bluffcatch maybe one or two streets, and also set-mine to some extent.