Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+1:
      $8,54
      Hero:
      $2,74

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:diamond: , A:heart:
      UTG+1 raises to $0,35, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls $0,65.

Flop: ($2,15) 4:club: , A:club: , A:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0,60, UTG+1 calls $0,60.

Turn: ($3,35) 9:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3,35) 3:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $3,35, Hero raises to $1,14 (All-In).

Final Pot: $7,84

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, aces (Kd Ah)
      UTG+1 shows two pairs, aces and queens (Qd Qs)

Hero wins with three of a kind, aces (Kd Ah)

Hello all.
      After flop, I wanted his whole stack so I decided to make it look like c/bet bluff, which didint have efect. So I checked at turn. He bought it and made move at river :) What do you think about that play?
  • 7 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Horin

As your stack on the turn is $1.1 and the pot is $3.3 , there is no way to check the river as you are pot committed anyway and Villain will call anyway.

Seeing the small sample size I see his AF is very passive so you should take iniative and get the most bucks out of this guy.

Also bet a little bit more on the flop like 80c if you feel he doesnt have a flushdraw or something.

in General on NL10 its wiser than to play straightforward and bet because there are a lot of fish and if you have the iniative, you have control on how much you can earn rather than they bet like 20 cents and you check-raise on the river to 80c and they fold.

Hope this makes sense
    • Midazolam
      Midazolam
      Bronze
      push preflop
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Midazolam
      push preflop
      jep, as played push flop
    • Horin
      Horin
      Bronze
      push preflop
      push preflop? why, this definately isnt SSS strategy. U have to bet 3 times previous raise. Read the articles and watch videos please.
    • Horin
      Horin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hello Horin

As your stack on the turn is $1.1 and the pot is $3.3 , there is no way to check the river as you are pot committed anyway and Villain will call anyway.

Seeing the small sample size I see his AF is very passive so you should take iniative and get the most bucks out of this guy.

Also bet a little bit more on the flop like 80c if you feel he doesnt have a flushdraw or something.

in General on NL10 its wiser than to play straightforward and bet because there are a lot of fish and if you have the iniative, you have control on how much you can earn rather than they bet like 20 cents and you check-raise on the river to 80c and they fold.

Hope this makes sense
      Thanks for long and explaining answer, it definately does make sense. It is very big chance he would call with that QQ, BUT many times it happen that some players who feel they are beaten fold even they are pot commited.

But you are right that betting is better then c/raise, so turn bet should be better. I was lucky he went allin at river.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Horin
      push preflop
      push preflop? why, this definately isnt SSS strategy. U have to bet 3 times previous raise. Read the articles and watch videos please.
      Implied odds {correct me if I used the wrong term} & Fold Equity.

Implied Odds because when you reraised to $1.05 (3 times) and he calls. The pot and your stack is as follows:
      Pot: $2.25
      Stack: $1.69
      This would make you pot committed anyway on the flop thus you have to go all-in postflop regardless which cards come on the flop. Especially when its HeadsUp.

Fold Equity:
      This doesn't really count for AKo but pushing All-in will increase your Fold Equity so chances are you will pick up the blinds + his raise instead of risking your stack.
      See it from the perspective were you are CO and you have KQo, you really want to have it pushed all-in preflop to preferable let him fold because KQo isnt that 'great'

;)
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi Horin,

I think pushing preflop is an option since you are committed on any flop, then push flop your small bet just looks obvious like an ace which wants pay-off badly as hell. You also have to push jj-kk on this board so its obvious that you have an ace. The results speaks for your line, still I don't like it.

Best Regards

Ysessa