[NL20-NL50] NL50s - Levellingwars!

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Heyhey,

Villain plays solid LAG 28/24 over 35 hands and plays 6 tables. He did not 3bet so far.

First Q: Just fold baby pairs when we face a loose guy in bb?

Now he doesn't rep anything on the flop, his small raise looks like a cheap bluff to me. Calling is also pretty bad I think ?? So I just went for the raise and hoped he folded.

Now he calls and I didn't know what to do. I think it's better to bet small here again to make him fold floats? He could also know we don't rep anything! Well I checked and he bets small :P . I sticked to me read and called.

River sucks obv mehh I went for a cheap bluff :P . I couldn't just x/f after investing so much.

Rate my spew

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2092624
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $25.79
      CO: $23.39
      BTN: $59.93
      Hero (SB): $50.25
      BB: $71.38
      UTG: $91.82

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with 3 :diamond: 3 :club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3.00) Q :diamond: Q :spade: 5 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB raises to $5.50, Hero raises to $10.50, BB calls $5

Turn: ($24.00) 8 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $9.50, Hero calls $9.50

River: ($43.00) 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $11.50, BB raises to $23, Hero folds
  • 5 replies
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Hi,

This hand looks like a bit of a mess. I don't think your flop reasoning is faulty, I certainly don't think there's anything wrong with just folding 33 here, but don't mind your play either. When he calls I'm just giving up though. Check/calling seems like the worst option. As played, river seems optimistic as well. Don't really ever expect him to fold Ax even, ever. It's probably not that bad since he sometimes has random shit like JT, but still I think I prefer just giving up and check/folding.

ifs
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Can we play bet/call flop and x/raise turn?

And is there some merit in making a supersick reraise OTR? :D
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Bet/call flop, check/raise turn seems fine only if you believe he's ridicilously out of line in terms of raising this flop and continuing on the turn. Which is true for some opponents on these boards, but still you need a solid read for that.

Reraising river seems bad. We only make him fold out a 100% bluff, which seems very unlikely for him. He's obv snapping anything he's raising for value (qx) in under one second.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I thought he never ever had Qx :( Don't know wheter he was lying in the chat but he was saying he bluffed lol
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      this is very spewy. 33 is probably right at the very bottom of your range for making such a play. Your pair is below the lowest card on the Paired flop, so if the board brings a 2nd pair, your hand is counterfeited.

And in general, pick the best hands to rebluff. So in this case, maybe you can pick hands like AX which may improve to Ace pair and gain some showdown value, in case he is bluffing or he is just value raising 7X or doing something silly like that.