So far so good..and a couple of questions

• Wildkiwi
      Wildkiwi
      Bronze
      Hi all,

Signed up to Mansion, received my 50$ capital a couple of days ago, and so far I've played a heap of micro ring games, won or placed in 4 out of 5 Sng's ($5 and $10). i also entered a $5,000 guaranteed tourny and finished 9th. i could have finished higher, but didn't fold when i should have....i have a bad habit of getting to the final table and then blowing it!!!!

I'll work on that!

Mansion wouldn't be my first choice of poker room. The software is robust enough, but is quite featureless compaired with other rooms. The SnG's leave a lot to be desired. They are ceratinly different with their double ups, and multi tilts, but there are no bounties, and few of the normall variety Sngs. The tournys, are quite good although, one again, variery is lacking.

I found the micro ring games to be full of fish, and enough donkeys to start a farm, and although i won money, i had to play tighter than a fishes bum to do it!

Anyway, I've doubled my bankroll todate, so, as i said, so far so good,and the articles on this site have certainly helped my game. In fact i'd say that my success todate is due entirely to reading the articles, especially the starting hands and position information...so thanks heaps guys!!!

A question though. I now have 80 MMP at mansion which i'f i'm correct equates to 112 strategy points, and should take me to silver. How often are the strategy points updated?

i worked this out thus: $7 of rake at mansion = 20 MMP. You get 4 strategy points for every $1 of rake. I have 80 MMP which equates to $28 of rake: $28 of rake x 4 strategy points per $ = 112 Strategy points = silver level....right???

feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, as i frequently am!

Cheers

Wildkiwi
  • 3 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Wildkiwi!

Good to hear you are doing well and benefiting from our strategy content! The Mansion points are updated every couple of days (1-3 days usually). You can see the date that they were last updated on the "Home" page. They were last updated 3 days ago as far as I can see.

You are right about $1 in rake being equal to 4 SP - but I am not sure how easy it is to calculate your earned rake by looking at the MPP (since they are calculated differently for SNGs/Cashgames).

You should receive your first StrategyPoints with the next Mansion update today or tomorrow :)

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Wildkiwi
      Wildkiwi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hello Wildkiwi!

You should receive your first StrategyPoints with the next Mansion update today or tomorrow :)

Best regards,
      SoyCD
      Hi Soy,

I've received my points and upgrade; thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to delving into the next lot of articles and videos. I've just received the first part of my bonus as well, so it's been a profitable couple of days todate.

A question though: I'd like to step up a couple of levels to get away from the micros. What would be an appropriate amount to deposit to play a couple of levels higher? I really don't like the micro level games.

Thanks

Wildkiwi
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wildkiwi
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hello Wildkiwi!

Best regards,
      SoyCD
      Hi Soy,

I've received my points and upgrade; thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to delving into the next lot of articles and videos. I've just received the first part of my bonus as well, so it's been a profitable couple of days todate.

A question though: I'd like to step up a couple of levels to get away from the micros. What would be an appropriate amount to deposit to play a couple of levels higher? I really don't like the micro level games.

Thanks

Wildkiwi
      Hello Wildkiwi,

Even if you don't like the micros I would advise you to take your time to "beat them". Moving up the limits ensures that you don't get into the "deep waters" too quickly, so take your time and play an ample number of hands on each limit.

Discipline and patience are two of the most difficult aspects to "train" as a Poker player - and forcing yourself to play well even on lower limits is a good way of building the necessary discipline that is needed on higher limits. Since in your last post you talked about both cashgames/SnGs I am not sure what you are concentrating on - but as a SNG player be sure to hone your ICM skills with the two ICM trainers we have and be sure to post sample hands!

Take your time to work on your game before thinking about depositing. When and if you deposit I would choose a first deposit bonus and fill it. The list of available bonuses can be found on the "Home page" - for Mansion you can even use the 100% up to $500 bonus on top of your starting capital - but don't rush it.

Best regards,
      SoyCD