[NL20-NL50] Should I 2nd barrel?

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $19.08 (95.4 bb) 75/0 4 hands
      Hero (CO): $20.44 (102.2 bb)
      BTN: $16.80 (84 bb) 44/33 11 hands
      SB: $21.70 (108.5 bb)
      BB: $19.40 (97 bb)
      UTG: $25.87 (129.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J T
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, BTN calls $0.80, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.10) K 7 K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, BTN calls $1.40

Turn: ($4.90) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.40, Hero calls $2.40

I did not cbet here thinking if he has a Kx he might raise me or if he had a FD he'll raise me so decided to x/c instead. However now I feel its better to b/f rather than x/c since I don't even have the nut FD. Any other line I can take on the turn?

River: ($9.70) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $6, Hero folds
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mahee,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I don't think we have a ton of FE on this board and there aren't many turns we can barrel on (without looking at betting 3 streets). On top of that our equity is poor, we are OOP and villain is a fish. So all in all check/folding the flop would not be a mistake.

As played bet/fold is far superior to ck/call but I would most likely still ck/fold because we really don't want to 3-barrel bluff a fish here. Ck/calling is pretty bad because we draw to the third nut flush and have a ton of reverse implied odds. I think it's just spewying money away.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Ok so do I have a leak here cause I cbet my entire range on flops like AAx, KKx, QQx.

The reason I do this is that people take you seriously as you reised preflop. If they call me on the flop then I usually x/f turn unimproved.

Spewing money here?

Can you talk a bit more about what kind oh hands I can cbet on these kind of boards?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

You did not provide any info on villain. Really depends on how loose or tight he is. I think against the average fish who is presumably loose preflop, we have a standard bet once and give up here.

I would require some sort of read that he has mostly AX and pocketpairs in his preflop range, and never folds that on the Flop, to give up on this flop texture.

But he is just going to give up with his T9 T8 98 QJ JT QT J9 type of hands. Maybe he even folds 22-66 and AX as well. If you bet 2/3 pot, you need him to fold 40% of hands. You can try analyzing this spot on your own. Assign him a preflop range, and look at the % of hands he has in pokerstrategy equilab. Then remove all hands you think he would fold, and look at the % again. If you think he folds more than 40% of his range, you have a +EV cbet.

Turn: We picked up additional equity, our outs may be live against villain, and we could possibly fold him out of his 7X or AX or pocket pairs. I would bet 80-100% of the pot on the Turn. C/c turn is just spew in my opinion.

Thanks.