[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH KK deep+history

• DrDunne
      this hand was interesting to me firstly because i haven't been playing regular tables for quite some time before the last week. also, i had a ton of history on this table. finally and most importantly i was deep and im a fish when deep lol.

history = i've been extremely aggressive over my time at this table and im sure my opponents must have seen it. was overbetting etc and just generally running people over. villain here has been trying to get involved in pretty much every hand i played and im pretty sure he had a few tough spots.

villain = 65/31 over 51 hands. been flatting a lot of my opens and been 3betting other people a fair amount but i dont recall him 3betting me yet.

Pacific, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $10 (100 bb)
      Hero (MP): $38.19 (381.9 bb)
      CO: $10.40 (104 bb)
      BTN: $9.22 (92.2 bb)
      SB: $29.20 (292 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K K
      Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, SB raises to $1, BB folds, Hero raises to $4, SB calls $3

Flop: ($8.10) 4 3 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.75, SB calls $3.75

Turn: ($15.60) J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($15.60) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

$15.60 pot ($0.78 rake)
      Final Board: 4 3 5 J Q
      Hero showed K K and won $14.82 ($7.07 net)
      SB showed 7 A and lost (-$7.75 net)

i decided to open raise larger because i think he's quite bad, he hasn't been folding much, we are deep and i need maximum value from this. i expect villain to be calling super wide here. when he min3bets there's no doubt i have to 4bet, but am i shipping it in this deep? history says yes, but he hasnt been too aggressive + we are deep so... not too sure. i decided to make a huge 4bet because im sure he calls me so i can get a ton of value.

postflop i don't see a reason to bet too big now. vs this opponent with the history, what should my plan be if i get raised here? i expect him to have a wide range but passive tendencies. once he called the flop im sure he can have a lot of things but a lot of overpairs maybe.

the turn worried me and i just checked back which is a huge mistake since he has a ton of Jx hands that will probably call again to a reasonably small bet. i just didnt want to get raised on this turn because i'd be committed once i bet.

on the river i just went for pot control again since now he can have his QQ, his JJ, along with his QJ and other sets. im not so sure i can bet for value but honestly i just got scared like a fish in the huge pot.

• 1 reply