MP3: $4.41 - 44 bb
      CO: $12.92 - 129 bb
      BU: $12.35 - 124 bb
      SB: $21.60 - 216 bb
      BB: $11.48 - 115 bb

0.05/0.10 No Limit Hold'em (6 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.116.1

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , K:spade:
      SB posts small blind ($0.05), Hero posts big blind ($0.10), 2 folds, CO raises for $0.30, 2 folds, Hero 3-bets $0.90, CO calls

Flop: ($2.05 - 20.50 bb) T:heart: , 5:spade: , 2:spade: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $1.30, CO calls

Turn: ($4.65 - 46.50 bb) 6:club: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.10, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled back ($3.10)

Hello again again,

So this is the story of my poker career, here i remain oblivious to how
      i should proceed.

Lets take AK miss on flop in general, because i have to many of them to
      post them all.

When to contibet flop?
      When to contibet turn, even river?

Any info here would be very helpful..

Thanks
  • 6 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Your confusion on this area makes me happy. I'm not the only one who thinks "So, I missed. Ok. WTF do I do now?" :D

I look forward to this one :f_biggrin:
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Heh. Somehow we can consider always that....we bet if we think villain can fold better or we bet if we think villain could call worse. First of all i would like to bet it bigger like 1$ preflop.

Then things depend on what type of player you are facing, what is your image, is he folding to a lot of cbets, what are his tendencies and ranges. It is not just standard move we can say here.

As played i think we can cbet and take the pot immediately.

On the other hand it is a question what villain called on flop that he would fold on turn if we bet. maybe not much. If another :spade: comes it is maybe time to 2nd barrel here. Of course we also have some equity to hit our K and A on turn.

I think you played that hand well...but what do i know?! :f_eek: :f_eek:
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      To this particular hand, we could continue cbetting turn if Q, A, K, J or spade card come. Otherwise I'd check/fold turn against unknown guy.

If we have reads on some players how they play post-flop, then I'd use them to decide whether I cbet or barrel at all or do I go for 2 barrels etc.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I'd make it $1.1.

On the flop I like betting here. We would love to pick up the pot here plus we have some turn cards - like Q+, spades to bet on.

As played, the 6 isn't a good card so checking and folding against a bet is fine.

Overall: We bet, when we have enough fold equity against his range - for example a 962r is a good board since a lot of his range is going to miss as well.
      We bet the turn when we pick up equity or the card is a good one for betting as a bluff - such as high cards.

Best,
      Plamen
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i think you played it fine besides raising preflop which should have been at least ~$1 as alan said. also you could cbet a bit smaller since it's a 3bet pot. by betting ~half pot we only need a fold 33% of the time to break even which is great here since we are in a 3bet pot and your range is going to be much stronger which means more FE in theory, depending on villain and his continuing ranges.

i'd expect people to be calling wider IP which makes it even better to cbet and given that we barrel at least any A, K or :spade: it means cbetting at least once is mandatory imo. we have no info on villain that he floats so we can't go and assume that. here we just give credit for a hand like a 99,TT,JJ, AT, KTs, QTs, maybe a few other PPs which peel light.. if he floats then fair enough. since villain has a wider range IP then we can cbet more profitably.

in general you're going to be missing more often than not with AK and so it makes sense to study as many spots as possible where you miss with it and have to play hands like this.
    • Festfingre
      Festfingre
      Bronze
      Thanks alot people, i will play AK with more confidence from now on.

As for the 3bet sizing i would normally bet 1$, don't know why i didn't.

This got a lot of attention, this forum is great :)

thanks again