USA exclusion

• 8 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello matthi3u,

We don't usually have that many US players signed up here since new players need to actually confirm they are not currently residing in the USA in the sign-up form.

The reason is quite simple though. After the passing of the UIEGA - we were no longer able to transfer money to players from the USA due to legal reasons. As soon as something changes in the legal situation we will of course try our best to once again accept US players.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Jawbreaker27
      Jawbreaker27
      Global
      Ok, so I've jumped through all the hoops. Done EVERYTHING, nearly twice. Created ticket, waited. Posted in forum. And no admin/mod who replied to me ever thought to ask "well, are you from the US?"

I mean, that's probably where the most common issues come from, right? Or is it only on specific sites (i.e. I am ATTEMPTING to play on PokerStars - however, after following the instructions, download, filling out my info here...the only site that now appears in my profile info where I can enter a screen name is BetFair...huh?).

Maybe US players are only excluded here on certain sites. Guess I shall find out.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jawbreaker27
      Ok, so I've jumped through all the hoops. Done EVERYTHING, nearly twice. Created ticket, waited. Posted in forum. And no admin/mod who replied to me ever thought to ask "well, are you from the US?"

I mean, that's probably where the most common issues come from, right? Or is it only on specific sites (i.e. I am ATTEMPTING to play on PokerStars - however, after following the instructions, download, filling out my info here...the only site that now appears in my profile info where I can enter a screen name is BetFair...huh?).

Maybe US players are only excluded here on certain sites. Guess I shall find out.
      Hello Jawbreaker27,

Actually it is one of the least common issues we have at the forums - since as I stated in the above post - when registering a player states:

"By clicking the send button I agree with the Terms and Conditions and confirm that I am atleast 18 years of age and currently not residing in the USA"

In the past this has meant that we have few if any players from the US actually reaching the forum. If you entered your current place of residence as being the USA you should also have received an information statement of us currently not being able to send starting capital to US members.

As it currently stands we are unable to send starting capital to ANY US players on ALL sites. Although we are looking for ways to also accommodate US players I am afraid that until the current legal situation changes - there is little we are able to do.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Jawbreaker27
      Jawbreaker27
      Global
      The current legal situation precludes any US banking institutions from allowing US citizens to deposit funds with online gaming companies.

Either I am totally confused or more often than not, people misunderstand the current situation in the United States.

Also, US banks that back prepaid card (i.e. InterNational Bank, which funds All-Acess and Netspend prepaid cards) still allow said transactions - spitting in the eye of a bill that allowed a rider to restrict US players from using their funds overseas (nevermind all the taxes a US player would have to pay on winnings they withdraw...which can't be tracked w/o the financial institutions...that's lost tax revenue!! Lawmakers...pffffffft).

Ok, let's say I re-register from another computer and state that I reside in the UK. Register from a different IP with you and PokerStars. Yes, would have to use different info. However, could just use info of someone i know in the UK - have any cashouts sent to them & make proper exchance (or use my account, have them transfer to me).

If you never knew -- what would be the prob? lol
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      When you go through the ID check, it would be tricky for you to show current utility bills in your name at a European address.

The point is... that's the rules they have.. that's the rules you have go abide by.

Even if there were no U.S. issues.. if they said 'we don't give starting capital to U.S. residents... ' then, it would be no different. it's just the way it is.

By the way, I'm American myself, so.. I understand your pain.
    • matthi3u
      matthi3u
      Basic
      just out of sheer curiosity, how are you gold status being an american?

do you no longer live in the states?
    • matthi3u
      matthi3u
      Basic
      ?? hate to bump but i thought it was a valid question
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matthi3u
      ?? hate to bump but i thought it was a valid question
      Hello matthi3u - since he seems to have missed this thread - and I don't think he minds if I tell you, I believe he currently lives in Canada :)

Best regards,
      SoyCD