Hero checks, UTG bets $0.63, Hero calls $0.63

RIVER ($2.11) Q:spade: 7:club: J:spade: 6:diamond: 2:spade:

Hero checks, UTG checks

Hero shows 8:spade: 8:heart:
      (Pre 82%, Flop 14.3%, Turn 4.5%)

UTG shows 7:diamond: 7:heart:
      (Pre 18%, Flop 85.7%, Turn 95.5%)

UTG wins $1.97

In general they cbet any overcards so c flop and bet strong T looks strong. I'm calling here since I do beat some AK, AT,...and that's all. I don't see many 7x and 6x in his range. Even TT, 99 beat us. So I guess that's an easy fold.

My real question is can I sometimes donk this kind of turn? To make him fold T9, AK, AT? He's not folding any Jx to one donk so I don't like it so much.

What if flop comes Q72...and T 6. That's much easier donk right? Although it would be much better if we had TT, we would beat at least 88 and 99.
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa

Preflop is fine.

Checking the flop with the intention to fold against a bet is fine.

As played, if we think that they are cbetting overcards we should probably be more inclined to fold here, since his range beat us here since it mostly consists made hands.
      Also we are OOP and we will have hard time check/calling the river as well.

I don't really like donking the turn here. AK/AT has low equity against us and we are not sure if they even fold, so we might get called and bluffed out on the river. With TT I'd be more inclined to bet here.