[NL2-NL10] AA facing CR wet board

• seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $2.20 (110 bb)
      UTG: $1.35 (67.5 bb)
      MP: $1.63 (81.5 bb)
      CO: $7.88 (394 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $4.69 (234.5 bb)
      SB: $5.05 (252.5 bb) (18/14) 53 hands

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A A
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.02, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.10, SB calls $0.09, 2 folds

I have increased my Open raise to 4bb (4+1 limper) 5bb raise.

Flop: ($0.24) 8 J K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.22, SB raises to $0.89, Hero raises to $4.59 and is all-in, SB calls $3.70

I bet pot for major protection against draws.I think I can put villains check raise on (jj, 88, kj, 6d7d+?) I dont think straight draws will CR here flush draws have in the past. Am I good with the Jam here? When he called I knew I was behind.

Turn: ($9.42) A (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($9.42) 8 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $9.42 pot ($0.30 rake)
      Final Board: 8 J K A 8
      Hero showed A A and won $9.12 ($4.43 net)
      SB showed K J and lost (-$4.69 net)
  • 8 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Seran,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: What do you expect a 18/14 to ck/raise flop with?

You say you raise to protect versus draws but don't forget that we block the nut flush draw which reduces the number of draws significantly and in the best case scenario he raises a combo draw like T9 or QTdd.

So the flop should be closer to a bet/fold unless we have an y reason to expect Kx in his raising range (that's not 2p).

So if you expect to be behind when he calls our shove, why do we shove?
    • seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      I think bet fold here would be the best line here future for me. Just that I have played under 20k hands havent seen more than a dozen AAs. Got a little excited when I saw some action. Will slowly get used to it. :D
    • seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      on the contrary I have had 82 AAs. ?(
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by seranpoker
      on the contrary I have had 82 AAs. ?(
      Our mind loves to play tricks on us and only remembers the more exciting hands (and the ones we lose money with).

On top of that we tend to always feel like we don't get enough "premium hands" or "sets" just because we go on a small dry spell. So that's a real possibility here.

We shouldn't look at bet/folding this against everyone but against a reg with no history it should be (at these limits).
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Bogdan, since we are deep stacked what do you think of calling the flop after his c/r and then seeing if he bets strong on the turn too. If he bets strong on turn then we fold else we bet the turn.

If he is raising with some draws he might slow down on the turn. If he has a made hand that he is trying to protect against draws then he'll bet strong on the turn as well.
    • Desultory
      Desultory
      Basic
      I'm new here so I accidentally clicked process before realising that you are asking Bogdan a specific question. I hope you and him don't mind me asking on his behalf, to attempt to get rid of the 'processed by Desultory'.

As already mentioned, I think the re raise allin isn't good, as we don't beat his calling re raise range, because he doesn't have enough draws raising and getting it in. The fact that its deep makes it worse.

maheepsangari:
      I agree with you.
      I think calling the flop raise is more than fine. I actually think its better. He can have AQ and AT in my mind.
      Then facing a turn bet vs a normal regular, you can be slighlty more sure that you are beat as guys tend not to barrel Gutshots to get you off top pair.

Folding flop raise just seems a bit tight to me, but it completely depends on small blind post flop raise %.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Yeah I suppose Bogdan did miss this thread.

Anyway thanks for your views Desultory.
    • Desultory
      Desultory
      Basic
      'Answering*' on his behalf , not 'asking' :)

And no problem.