This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Calculating equity 3-bet PF

• G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      Since I got pokertracker 3 (I don't really like elephant), I'm using the 3-bet preflop stats at my table, too see if they 3-bet light.

How are these stats calculated? It happens that 3-bet PF is higher the PFR, wich is impossible if it's just the number of hands.

Can I put in this number of % in equilator for his range?
  • 3 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi G1lius,

yep if the guy 3-bets you should use that value for Equilator. It's a very useful value (and Elephant has it as well ;) ).

Is the normal PFR separated by 3-bet? This is the only reasonable explaination I have for that.

For me PFR means a raise no matter if it was the second, third or fourth bet.
      The 3-bet is the third bet only so 3-bet can't be higher than PFR.
      If PFR is just second bet it would make sense as you can 3-bet 3 times but raise not once.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      maybe it's stupid idea, but shouldn't pre-flop cap belong to 3-bet stat?

Because sometimes you don't have chance to 3-bet and you cap. Capping range is smaller than 3-betting so if you cap, you would (of course) 3-bet too (some fishes do only limp / cap but it's not important).
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Makes sense. But this should also be in PFR. :/
      It's very important that the 3-bet value needs way more hands to be as accurate as PFR as it happens less often. (Maniacs excluded. ^^)