Calculating equity 3-bet PF

• G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      Since I got pokertracker 3 (I don't really like elephant), I'm using the 3-bet preflop stats at my table, too see if they 3-bet light.

How are these stats calculated? It happens that 3-bet PF is higher the PFR, wich is impossible if it's just the number of hands.

Can I put in this number of % in equilator for his range?
  • 3 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi G1lius,

yep if the guy 3-bets you should use that value for Equilator. It's a very useful value (and Elephant has it as well ;) ).

Is the normal PFR separated by 3-bet? This is the only reasonable explaination I have for that.

For me PFR means a raise no matter if it was the second, third or fourth bet.
      The 3-bet is the third bet only so 3-bet can't be higher than PFR.
      If PFR is just second bet it would make sense as you can 3-bet 3 times but raise not once.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      maybe it's stupid idea, but shouldn't pre-flop cap belong to 3-bet stat?

Because sometimes you don't have chance to 3-bet and you cap. Capping range is smaller than 3-betting so if you cap, you would (of course) 3-bet too (some fishes do only limp / cap but it's not important).
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Makes sense. But this should also be in PFR. :/
      It's very important that the 3-bet value needs way more hands to be as accurate as PFR as it happens less often. (Maniacs excluded. ^^)