[NL2-NL10] TT barreling plan

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      no hud, speed
      villain is tight reg ("likes to float flops, plays straight forward T")

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.76)
      BB ($3.41)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($21.18)

Dealt to Hero T:club: T:heart:

Hero raises to $0.35, fold, CO calls $0.35, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.85) Q:club: 4:heart: 6:heart:

Hero bets $0.57, CO calls $0.57

TURN ($1.99) Q:club: 4:heart: 6:heart: 4:club:

Hero bets $1.21, CO calls $1.21

RIVER ($4.41) Q:club: 4:heart: 6:heart: 4:club: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, CO checks

Hero shows T:club: T:heart:
      (Pre 67%, Flop 54.6%, Turn 75.0%)

CO shows 5:heart: A:heart:
      (Pre 33%, Flop 45.4%, Turn 25.0%)

Hero wins $4.12

Because of my note I decided to go for a turn barrel already on the flop.

When he calls me for the second time only thing to do is c/f R I guess. He probably doesn't call 2 streets with 88/99.

If he bets super small like $1,50 can we call him? I was more inclined to c/f.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: If he likes to float flops (and I would recommend revisiting that note) why not ck/call the turn? Let him take a stab.

It's not like he will fold any better hand on the turn but we do get value from draws (like he had).

On the river we should ck fold, these tight guys won't bluff missed draws often enough.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

Postflop: If he likes to float flops (and I would recommend revisiting that note) why not ck/call the turn? Let him take a stab.
      Since I'm playing without hud my notes are just small directions. From time to time I do play my lines which are based on this (like this hand) but not always. Here we have second pair and there are some draws that might call + sometime he might even call with 77-99 (optimistically but it can happen).

I don't like c/c since he might bet again on the R and I might do some questionable calls because I have a feeling he's bluffing me (again, not consistent: tight reg bluffing, not so likely on NL10 but that was my fear).

Tnx :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

Since I'm playing without hud my notes are just small directions. From time to time I do play my lines which are based on this (like this hand) but not always. Here we have second pair and there are some draws that might call + sometime he might even call with 77-99 (optimistically but it can happen).

I don't like c/c since he might bet again on the R and I might do some questionable calls because I have a feeling he's bluffing me (again, not consistent: tight reg bluffing, not so likely on NL10 but that was my fear).

Tnx :)
      Yes, what I meant by that is that you should make sure that what he did was a float.

Ex: he called a J94 flop with KQ and then bet the turn when checked to. This shows a float with a gutshot and two overs.

Him calling with a draw like flush and checking back is not a float.

So I just want to make sure that we have that down right.

Because you are going here based on a read: he floats. Floating implies that he calls hands to take the pot away later on and since we have a bluffcatcher we should let him do just that (again based on the read). However, since villain is nittier (tight reg) I would not think that he floats that light and I would look to bet turn and ck/fold river.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Ok, agree with that. I can't make longer notes while 4 tabling speed:) Will give less emphasis on my notes in my next session.

Tnx again :) You the man :f_thumbsup: