BB: 162.3 BB
      UTG: 100 BB
      MP: 250.5 BB
      CO: 41.15 BB
      Hero (BTN): 154.5 BB
      SB: 145.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:spade: A:diamond:

UTG raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 11 BB, fold, fold, UTG calls 7 BB

Flop: (23.5 BB, 2 players) 9:heart: 7:diamond: 5:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 10 BB, UTG calls 10 BB

Turn: (43.5 BB, 2 players) 5:club:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 23 BB, UTG calls 23 BB

River: (89.5 BB, 2 players) 8:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 110.5 BB, UTG calls 56 BB

UTG shows J:club: J:heart: (Two Pair, Jacks and Fives) (Pre 20%, Flop 15%, Turn 5%)
      Hero shows A:spade: A:diamond: (Two Pair, Aces and Fives) (Pre 80%, Flop 85%, Turn 95%)
      Hero wins 191.45 BB

44 hands VP 19 PFR 14

Is my cbet size ok, to let him call light with all PP, or bluff AK, AQ... ?
      Because if he calls, I can bet bet and it will be all in.

I like to bet turn around 50%, because I want TT, JJ to call more often, and on river it is more than around 70% but I think they are commited there with overpair, and dont like folding. Or is it better bet flop and turn larger to bet 50% river and not to risk action killer card to come?

Did he play ok with calling 3 streets against unknown with JJ?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml

I think River is definitely a check back. We lose to 66/88 now, flush completes. It would be crazy for him to call TT/JJ here.

I think he made a big mistake here. Of course, the good thing going for you is that you are 3betting vs his UTG open, which may tighten up his preflop range more to not include 88/66. Still, I think the board is very bad for him to call down with anything. It would require you to 3barrel as a bluff here which I don't think is necessarily the case.

• mlatasrb
      Interesting, I didn't even see that flush completed on river, and that all low pairs 55-99 beat me.
      I didn't care about that, because he opens from UTG 4BB, and he calls 3bet, so I put him just on TT+, AK, maybe AQ, and he folds AQ on flop, so I was sure he is on TT+ from turn on.
      I see that people rarely open 4BB preflop, usually when they do, it is a strong hand, thats why I didn't even think he has small PP, or fd.

I still think it is a good bet on river, because I don't see people folding overpair in 3bet pots, so I think I would lose value, against at least QQ, KK if he folds TT, JJ. Also my 3bet range is 10%, and maybe thats why he calls so light.
    • mbml
      In my opinion, it's not that your bet was good. Rather, his call was really terrible.

It is really optimistic to see you barreling Flop and Turn with pure air. You should be giving up AK a lot of the time especially on such flops. Thus, when you actually cbet this Flop, your range is highly weighted towards draws or overpairs.

He doesn't have QQ/KK too often. These 2 pairs usually 4bet the Flop. I can hardly think of any air in your range.

Your play requires some insane dynamics in order to go for value here. But I say vs 97% of opponents, I don't see that happening at all.