Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $10.78
      Hero (BB): $16.25
      UTG: $17.69
      CO: $9.42
      BTN: $12.09

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:spade: A:diamond:

fold, CO raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.90, CO calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.85, 2 players) 4:spade: A:heart: 9:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.23, CO calls $1.23

Turn: ($4.31, 2 players) J:club:
      Hero bets $2.15, CO calls $2.15

River: ($8.61, 2 players) K:club:
      Hero bets $11.97 and is all-in, CO calls $5.14 and is all-in

Hero shows A:spade: A:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Aces) (Pre 91%, Flop 100%, Turn 100%)
      CO mucks A:club: T:heart: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 9%, Flop 0%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins $17.64

Villain is 65/35/20/10/100 from 20 hands.

I was agonizing over whether or not to 3bet AA vs this opponent as they folded to 3/3 3bets and their raising range from CO is so weak facing 3bet. Also they are so bad postflop that it hurts to picture them folding pre when they will pay us off very wide.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Metza,

Preflop: If we are afraid of him folding we can 3-bet smaller (like we did) and I expect to still see a wide calling range. I find it hard to believe that in 20 hands he's been 3bet 3 times and folded all 3. Or is the sample larger?

Postflop: As played I'd cbet that flop smaller as we want to keep in all pairs. As played turn/river look perfectly fine.
    • Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Metza,

Preflop: If we are afraid of him folding we can 3-bet smaller (like we did) and I expect to still see a wide calling range. I find it hard to believe that in 20 hands he's been 3bet 3 times and folded all 3. Or is the sample larger?

Postflop: As played I'd cbet that flop smaller as we want to keep in all pairs. As played turn/river look perfectly fine.
      Hi Bogdan,

I hope you don't mind me asking a question on someone elses thread but would you not bet the turn a higher amount and if not why not? I have read that the original poster was concerned about 3bet sizing vs someone who is folding a ton but given that he has already committed to calling the preflop and flop do we think he'd fold a second barrel?

I hope you don't take this the wrong way as I am going to be looking over other peoples hands to get a complete understanding of lines vs different players in different positions so I am really just trying to educate myself :D
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Greedyfly
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Metza,

Hi Bogdan,

I hope you don't mind me asking a question on someone elses thread but would you not bet the turn a higher amount and if not why not? I have read that the original poster was concerned about 3bet sizing vs someone who is folding a ton but given that he has already committed to calling the preflop and flop do we think he'd fold a second barrel?

I hope you don't take this the wrong way as I am going to be looking over other peoples hands to get a complete understanding of lines vs different players in different positions so I am really just trying to educate myself :D
      Hey greedyfly,

You have nothing to apologize about.

We encourage everyone to ask as many questions as they want and collaborate on hands (even ones that you didn't post).

In this particular case I like the smaller bets because we want to keep his range really wide. If he has Ax he goes broke anyway because we have about 60% pot left on river. And there hardly any draws to protect from.