[NL2-NL10] Limp with Aces in micro limits

• whaha
      whaha
      Bronze
      Is it ok to limp with aces in micro limits NL10 because i tried it and got maximum value with them that i dont think i would have got if i open raised instead of limping.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $9.65
      BTN: $4.90
      SB: $10.05
      BB: $12.80
      UTG: $26.95
      Hero (UTG+1): $30.05
      MP1: $10.90
      MP2: $10.15

Pre-Flop: A:heart: A:spade: dealt to Hero (UTG+1)
      UTG folds, Hero calls $0.10, MP1 raises to $0.45, 5 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, MP1 calls $1.05

Flop: ($3.15) 4:spade: Q:diamond: 7:club: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $1.80, Hero raises to $5, MP1 raises to $9.40 and is All-In, Hero calls $4.40

Turn: ($21.95) J:spade: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($21.95) A:diamond: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $21.95 Pot ($2 Rake)
      Hero showed A:heart: A:spade: (three of a kind, Aces) and WON $19.95 (+$9.05 NET)
      MP1 showed K:spade: Q:spade: (a pair of Queens) and LOST (-$10.90 NET)
  • 7 replies
    • brundoo
      brundoo
      Bronze
      limping with monsters is very bad play
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Nah, you don't want more than 1 or 2 players on the pot with your aces, and there will be probably 4 or more if you don't raise.

AA is a value hand, limping doesn't create a big pot and you'll often have difficult decisions postflop and may have to fold your aces if you don't raise.
    • whaha
      whaha
      Bronze
      Ah thanks, its just u c the pros sometimes limping with aces so i was copying, i was hoping for some1 behind me to raise so i could re raise and create a bigger pot which happened but i wont do it anymore since it might start a limpfest of 4 r 5 players
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by whaha
      Ah thanks, its just u c the pros sometimes limping with aces so i was copying, i was hoping for some1 behind me to raise so i could re raise and create a bigger pot which happened but i wont do it anymore since it might start a limpfest of 4 r 5 players
      Yea, and dont copy anything pros do, all they do is with a very theoretical knowledge of the game and the opponents.
    • VTomukas
      VTomukas
      Bronze
      You have to know your opps very well, and you need to be sure some1 will raise after you, so you can limp from early position. Also you have to be prepared for difficult decisions postflop - as mentioned - pros are able to do that - but it is a lot harder to do that at our amateur level :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Problem with limp/raise AA, that you should also do that with other than premium hands. I like to raise with AA, since I´d also raise with other hands and players can´tknow when I´m having aces and can bet value against worse hands.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I don't see any point in not raising Aces:
      - If you raise you create a bigger pot.
      - You get players out of the pot that have drawy hands which make you win little if they don't hit and lose big if they do hit.

Your KQs guy might have folded against your AA if you raised pf if he played them right. But especially on the micros opponents only see their own hand and that is all. They don't care for position or if there is a raise in front or not. He probably would have called you anyways.

The only time i ever coldcall aces pf is if i am sitting in the small blind and there is a SSS player right behind me and there were no calls beforehand. I'd definitely scare him away if he's got a decent hand.

gen