$50 bonus?

• Mat55
      Mat55
      Bronze
      I have read on here you get a $50 bonus at a room.. I have taken advantage of the $10 bonus at poker770, but I just realized there is a $50 bonus, is it too late to get it, and how do I do so?
  • 29 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Gold
      Hi Matt

Congratulations on receiving your $10 bonus at poker770. Unfortunately we no longer offer the $50 starting capital.

Best regards,
      Luke
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Mat55,

Our $50 starting capital bonus was replaced last year by our current free money offer that you have taken at Poker770.

Keep checking your emails to see if you have been awarded further free poker money by our marketing team over the coming months. These are awarded randomly :)

For all our current promotions please keep a constant check on this page

Hope this helps and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Gary
    • Mat55
      Mat55
      Bronze
      Hey,

I have one quick question, if I decide to switch poker rooms (For example, pokerstars), how would I connect this account to that room's account to receive strategy points?
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Mat, awesome name you've got there :D

You can have multiple tracked accounts to PokerStrategy as long as you sign up to them trough us (Like you did for Poker770).

Just Select the room you'd like to join from our Poker Rooms sections, follow the sign up guide and that's you done.

If you have any other questions, feel free to thought them at us!
    • Mat55
      Mat55
      Bronze
      So it's not possible if I already created an account?
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      If you already have an account at the Poker Room you wish to join I'm afraid to say that Re-Tracking any accounts is NOT allowed, nor is creating any new accounts in order to achieve a Tracked account.

This goes against the T&C's which can lead to your account being locked and the possibility of all funds being confiscated.

There's plenty more rooms out there to get a tracked account on though :)

If you're stuck on which room to join, check out our Choosing the right Poker Room for you! thread!
    • Mat55
      Mat55
      Bronze
      Thanks,

The only reason I am kind of thinking of going to another poker room is because Poker 770 doesn't really have a lot of people, and that doesn't really matter, but to me it's like the more people the better for some reason :f_biggrin: .

If I may ask, is poker 770 a good room? I might stick to it, if there are a fair amount of fishes. I am not looking for rakeback or anything really, not right now, I am just looking to get experience and to get better at poker for now.

Thanks.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey again Mat55,

I haven't played at Poker770 but from what I've seen it is a fairly soft room at the micros.

What games are you playing there?
    • Mat55
      Mat55
      Bronze
      micro stakes (if thats what you call it) with 0.01/0.02

Currently I have $0 left from the bonus I got a few days ago :f_mad: , but I am planning to deposit $20 tonight or tomorrow and get the $20 deposit bonus as well, and just play small cash games to improve at poker before I decide to deposit more.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Very good!

Are you playing the Big Stack Strategy or the Mid Stack Strategy?

Also, you should consider taking part in our No Limit Beginners course as well. The most important thing is to do right now is to lay a decent game foundation before you hit the tables hard. If you follow our beginners guide NOW it may save you many many buy-ins in the future :)
    • Mat55
      Mat55
      Bronze
      I been doing my best to use the mid stack strategy but some situations do not make sense to me, like if you are early position with KQo and people raise you fold, etc. But I am trying to do my best to follow it.

Improving will come, I will take a deeper look into the bankroll management when I decide to deposit, so I can prevent myself from losing $40 playing $1/$2 buy-in games.

EDIT: I decided to stick with poker770 due to strategy points, and deposited $20 to start with. It might take me a while to clear the $20 bonus, but I will try to get as much poker770 points as I can. Currently I was up as much as $2.20 (from $2.00 buy in) which is not a lot, but losing to a bad beat cost me a fair bit and am down to $1.75, which once again, is not a lot. I noticed that there are a lot of fishes on my table (ok I am one too :D ), so I will try my best to make some money off them :) .

EDIT2: I went as low as $1.42, but a few good hands in a row and I jumped back to $2.01, now I am calling it a night. I am not playing as tight as I should be, and I am making some poor choices, but I am new at this, so thats ok.. right? :D

What is the best strategy to get poker770 points so I can clear the 425 points I need?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey again,

I wouldn't be in such a hurry to clear the bonus! Relax, get your strategy down and there is plenty of time to worry about bonuses later :)

The most important thing right now is that you learn all the basics to your chosen strategy. I cannot emphasize this enough! Why am I saying this? Because, I too rushed everything, started playing too much with barely paying any attention to the strategy and I created a ton of leaks in my game that cost me money, which in turn decreases your winrate!

As a beginner I really stress that you read this articleand it's follow up to familiarize yourself with a few important factors

So, if MSS or Mid-Stack Strategy is your choice then take all of the following into consideration:

- MSS Articles
      - MSS Videos
      - MSS Hand Evaluation board
      - MSS Discussion board

I know that is a lot to take in and obviously don't do it all at once! Take a little piece each day and see how you go :)

Hope this helps,
      Gary
    • Mat55
      Mat55
      Bronze
      Thanks, my plan is to read several articles daily, and the next day just review those article as well as read a couple more, rinse and repeat.

Today I got a $10 bonus on top of my deposit last night which was unexpected so I am happy about it, I will try to play some more hands today and see how it goes.

Thank you guys for helping me out, very friendly community! :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      No worries :)

Sweet deal you - more free money, aren't we so nice :P

Solid plan there regarding articles. You should trawl through some hand evaluations as well to get some ideas from our coaches. I linked it above in my previous post!

Also, one final suggestion - start a blog!

It can be a great motivator, helps you meet similar players that are playing similar levels and any help is worth it! Have a think about it for sure!

Ok, that's it from me unless you need me of course and if you do just shout ;)

All the best,
      Gary
    • Mat55
      Mat55
      Bronze
      Oh and 1 more question, what is the all-in EV on graphs? Why is it so important? And is it better if its higher or lower, etc?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Ok, good question!

EV = Expected Value and for it's entire explanation please see this link as I don't want to confuse you ;)

Quite a lot in there to be honest but if your mathematically inclined you will enjoy the read :D
    • Mat55
      Mat55
      Bronze
      Thanks, I don't get it yet, but I kind of do :)

One quick question, I am getting points on Poker770 but not on PS.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      PS as in PokerStrategy or PokerStars?
    • Mat55
      Mat55
      Bronze
      As in Pokerstrategy :)