$10.44
      CO:
      $10.10
      BU:
      $7.47
      SB (Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, 8.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.30, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($1) T, 8, 2 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($1) A (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP3 bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, MP1 calls $0.40.

River: ($2.2) K (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, MP1 raises to $4.50, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $9.30, MP1 calls $4.80.

Final Pot: $20.8.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, eights(8d 8h).
      MP1 shows a straight, ace high(Jd Qc).

MP1 wins with a straight, ace high(Jd Qc).

Villain is a 7/8 over 50 hands.

In these situations I feel if I bet early I get no calls....Yet if I leave it late.....Well. Highlight and see.
  • 9 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I am definitely checkraising the Turn and hoping someone has AX. Then just bombing the River. I see no point in delaying the raise until the River, you just lose value vs AX.

Thanks.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      You want to check w/ set second street because pfr don't cbet nad guy behind him didn't bet vs missed cbet?

What about board: AT82ss is pretty drawwy QJ, J9, any Axs you are not affraid that they can just xb on T?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      We are OOP 3way, and people play way more AX hands than they do other hands. The Ace also gets bluffed at really often. We can check here and expect others to bluff at this card very often.

I prefer leading AT82 cos when flop is checked, it's less often that someone stabs the Turn or is improved by the Turn card.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      Ok so we play x because:
      1) A incress FE and they can bluff more
      2) They may have Ax and you think they won't fold AK,AQ,AJ vs x/r

What about : K/Q on T would you play the same x/r or just donk

What about : 9s, 7s, Js on T?
      b/c 0.8 ? If he would raise 3x we still have pretty nice outs:
      1 + 0,8 + 2,4 + 1,6 = 5,8 and we need 1,6 to win pot so we have ~25% (we need only 20 because of 10 outs) + we have a lot of implaid odds because paired board usually won't stoop him to bet with Nutz flush

What about some blank cards like: 2,3,4,5h
      just play
      b/c 0.8 or how?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      King is also a common bluff card. I would donk on a J and probably a Q, these cards coordinate the board and are not too good for bluffing. For example, Q gives J9 the straight.

I would donk bet on all cards which completes draws. Checkraising kind of overrepresents our hand and may isolate ourselves vs stronger hands only.

It depends on raize size but I probably bet/call if it's small enough. And I would bet around 70-75% pot if I do decide to lead the Turn.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      if you hit you just play x/shove on R?

My math is correct? I divide how much I must add by pot + my call ?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Well pot odds = 1.6 / 5.8 = 27.6%.
      We have almost 20% chances of hitting quads or a fullhouse.

So it's an easy call, assuming we have implied odds vs a straight or flush.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      if you hit you just play x/shove on R or donk?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Pot will have 5.80. Let's assume we have around 7$ left.

Assuming he will not slow down with his value hands and continue betting for value even on board pairing River cards, we should check/raise and try to get as much money in as possible.

If pot was larger and it was less than a pot size bet left on the River, then we could consider donking.

If you think opponent may be nitty/passive and check back on river pairing cards, this makes donking better.

If opponent may be capable of bluff raising Turn and firing river, then we want to check river again and allow him to bluff again.

So in conclusion, I don't have a clear answer. Try to guess which category your opponent falls under, and decide on whether to c/r or donk.

My assumption about this 8/7 guy is that he's some nut peddler waiting to hit his flush or set for a long time and he will just bet bet bet without thinking too much. So I probably prefer c/r.