BB: $25.00
      UTG: $25.42
      MP: $51.85
      CO: $32.32

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has 6:spade: 5:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $2.25, fold, fold

Hey,

my question is more general than just a hand. I'm trying to construct my 3betting range and I got an issue with what the should look like.

I can do the math for what % I want to 3bet, no problem with that. However, how does the range actually differs in position and out of position?
      Intuitively, I'd say that IP I want more blockers for opponent nuts hands (he's unlikely to call OOP so it will be mostly just 4bet and I don't have to care about playability that much).
      Being OOP (this hand for instance) I want to 3bet playable hands, right? The problem I see is that he's likely to call better draws (T9s,JTs)... and it seems like a problem ..
      Furthermore, I might want to 3bet hands like 65s, low pps (no blockers in general) being IP because I can 5bet bluff with them more easily (their much better than hand like ATo)...
      Could you briefly help me with this, please? =)

One more question, what is your size against minopens and why?

Thanks a lot!
      cya
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

In position, you can 3bet more polarized, meaning you can add more bluffy hands like 56s or AXo. But OOP, since your opponent is IP and is going to call a lot more often, you should avoid 3betting low suited connectors too often. They just get dominated by 78s 89s T8s type of hands.

I prefer using high cards to 3bet OOP, high cards can dominate low cards and also if you 3bet suited junk like K2s you flop stronger flush draws.

As for size vs min opens, I think 2$ is fine here.

Thanks.