[NL20-NL50] 50shz K6o BU

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $51.75 (103.5 bb)
      SB: $99.98 (200 bb)
      BB: $92.35 (184.7 bb)
      UTG: $63.83 (127.7 bb)
      MP: $36.31 (72.6 bb)
      CO: $28.73 (57.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 6 K
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, SB folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.75) 6 A 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.95, BB raises to $5, Hero raises to $13.44, BB calls $8.44

Turn: ($29.63) T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $19, BB raises to $65.21, Hero calls $18.06 and is all-in

River: ($103.75) 3 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $103.75 pot ($3.00 rake)
      Final Board: 6 A 6 T 3
      Hero showed 6 K and won $100.75 ($49 net)
      BB showed 6 7 and won $0.00 (-$51.75 net)

VPIP: 15, PFR: 11, 3B: 4, AF: 5,0, Hands: 612

If it was a rainbow board, I'd have probably called his raise and delay the raise action (aka slowplay). Would that be good?
  • 7 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

I don't think you should 3bet the Flop without dynamic. Just flat, and you can raise draw heavy turns like this, which brings in many more draws.

Board is fairly dry besides the Flush Draw. If board was like T99ss and you had 9X, then I would be more willing to 3bet Flop since there are also have straight draws on the Flop.

Thanks.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi,

I don't think you should 3bet the Flop without dynamic. Just flat, and you can raise draw heavy turns like this, which brings in many more draws.

Board is fairly dry besides the Flush Draw. If board was like T99ss and you had 9X, then I would be more willing to 3bet Flop since there are also have straight draws on the Flop.

Thanks.
      What if a diamond comes on turn?
      Isn't the chance for him to have a FD high (on flop)?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Yeah maybe, but you don't have to fold yet, you have some redraws to the fullhouse, and sometimes he may just be bluffing with something like 7s8s,
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Yeah maybe, but you don't have to fold yet, you have some redraws to the fullhouse, and sometimes he may just be bluffing with something like 7s8s,
      So what do we do in case he checks, and what if he bets instead?
      I mean if the diamond comes and we flatted his raise on flop.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      If he checks, we can bet if our 6X kicker is good. His Flop c/r range should mostly be 6X, air and flushes right? People rarely check flushes when they hit. So that means you can attempt to go for value with 6X with the top kicker.

If he bets I am not folding for sure. How can we automatically put him on a flush? Unless you think he is super conservative with checkraising. And it's not out of the question to value bet the Turn again with a worse 6X.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      If he checks, we can bet if our 6X kicker is good. His Flop c/r range should mostly be 6X, air and flushes right? People rarely check flushes when they hit. So that means you can attempt to go for value with 6X with the top kicker.

If he bets I am not folding for sure. How can we automatically put him on a flush? Unless you think he is super conservative with checkraising. And it's not out of the question to value bet the Turn again with a worse 6X.
      I agree with the range, that's what I thought too.
      If he's on that range though and he checks, by betting, don't we fold out air, play his game in case he has the flush, and only in the rare case of the 6 we get money?
      Anyway my real question was how to react on the respective raises.
      Like, we flat flop, he checks turn, we bet, he raises, do we go broke?
      Or, we flat flop, he bets turn, do we call or raise?

I feel like every choice has its reasons to exist.
      Can't think of a decision x_x
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Well if he goes for the double c/r, just decide whether he is full of it, or not. If yes, stack off. If not, just fold. It's basically a very fancy BS line that could very easily be a bluff, or maybe made with something like KdX.

If he bets Flop and Turn, I'm definitely calling. He definitely will try to rep the flush getting there on the Turn if he's any decent. River boils down to whether you think he has the balls to continue or not.

About betting when checked to - I just assume that majority of opponents DO NOT have the flush when they check. Could we get value from worse? Probably, if we have the higher kickers for 6X.