[NL2-NL10] QQ SB cbet fails with ace on board

• brian997
      brian997
      Bronze

I had little to no information, having just sat down at the table. I thought villian might be going for a steal raise preflop.
      Should I have checked the flop, or was my cbet the right move?
  • 6 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      That wasn't a cbet, it was a donkbet. Check/fold there is better, wait for a better spot.
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      That wasn't a cbet, it was a donkbet. Check/fold there is better, wait for a better spot.
      I agree with the check fold, but it wasn't a donkbet... I was the preflop aggressor...
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by brian997
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      I agree with the check fold, but it wasn't a donkbet... I was the preflop aggressor...
      You werent, he 3betted you and you called. That makes him the preflop agressor.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You can c/c flop or even c/f.
      But I´d try to get it all-in with QQ pf.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Yeah, I'd probably check/fold flop there. Probability of him having AA, KK, AK-AJ is just too high.

Bit i wouldn't try to get it allin there pf. I would if he is kind of maniac style, of course. But if he plays somewhat tight I think he wouldn't reraise pf with a hand smaller than AK-AJ, AA, KK, QQ - except you were very loose and agressive yourself. Of course you would beat AQ and AJ preflop, but the rest is a coinflip at best. I'd call his reraise and see if A or K shows up on flop. If it does, i'd c/f , if it doesn't I'd raise to more than 2/3 potsize on flop. If I get a reraise there I fold, if i get a call I play pot control from there on and if I get a fold I am successful.

gen
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by generals007
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Yeah, I'd probably check/fold flop there. Probability of him having AA, KK, AK-AJ is just too high.

Bit i wouldn't try to get it allin there pf. I would if he is kind of maniac style, of course. But if he plays somewhat tight I think he wouldn't reraise pf with a hand smaller than AK-AJ, AA, KK, QQ - except you were very loose and agressive yourself. Of course you would beat AQ and AJ preflop, but the rest is a coinflip at best. I'd call his reraise and see if A or K shows up on flop. If it does, i'd c/f , if it doesn't I'd raise to more than 2/3 potsize on flop. If I get a reraise there I fold, if i get a call I play pot control from there on and if I get a fold I am successful.

gen
      BB's 3bet range is way bigger than that. And QQ is ahead every Ax, a little better than coinflip against AK. If you called preflop and donkbet/fold on the flop, there's a high chance he'd be raising you with just overcards on the flop.

I usually try to put all my stack on blind battles with AK and QQ+.