This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ SB cbet fails with ace on board

• brian997
      brian997
      Bronze

I had little to no information, having just sat down at the table. I thought villian might be going for a steal raise preflop.
      Should I have checked the flop, or was my cbet the right move?
  • 6 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      That wasn't a cbet, it was a donkbet. Check/fold there is better, wait for a better spot.
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      That wasn't a cbet, it was a donkbet. Check/fold there is better, wait for a better spot.
      I agree with the check fold, but it wasn't a donkbet... I was the preflop aggressor...
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by brian997
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      I agree with the check fold, but it wasn't a donkbet... I was the preflop aggressor...
      You werent, he 3betted you and you called. That makes him the preflop agressor.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You can c/c flop or even c/f.
      But I´d try to get it all-in with QQ pf.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Yeah, I'd probably check/fold flop there. Probability of him having AA, KK, AK-AJ is just too high.

Bit i wouldn't try to get it allin there pf. I would if he is kind of maniac style, of course. But if he plays somewhat tight I think he wouldn't reraise pf with a hand smaller than AK-AJ, AA, KK, QQ - except you were very loose and agressive yourself. Of course you would beat AQ and AJ preflop, but the rest is a coinflip at best. I'd call his reraise and see if A or K shows up on flop. If it does, i'd c/f , if it doesn't I'd raise to more than 2/3 potsize on flop. If I get a reraise there I fold, if i get a call I play pot control from there on and if I get a fold I am successful.

gen
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by generals007
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Yeah, I'd probably check/fold flop there. Probability of him having AA, KK, AK-AJ is just too high.

Bit i wouldn't try to get it allin there pf. I would if he is kind of maniac style, of course. But if he plays somewhat tight I think he wouldn't reraise pf with a hand smaller than AK-AJ, AA, KK, QQ - except you were very loose and agressive yourself. Of course you would beat AQ and AJ preflop, but the rest is a coinflip at best. I'd call his reraise and see if A or K shows up on flop. If it does, i'd c/f , if it doesn't I'd raise to more than 2/3 potsize on flop. If I get a reraise there I fold, if i get a call I play pot control from there on and if I get a fold I am successful.

gen
      BB's 3bet range is way bigger than that. And QQ is ahead every Ax, a little better than coinflip against AK. If you called preflop and donkbet/fold on the flop, there's a high chance he'd be raising you with just overcards on the flop.

I usually try to put all my stack on blind battles with AK and QQ+.