TURN ($3.10) A:diamond: 4:spade: Q:diamond: 5:heart:

UTG checks, Hero bets $2, UTG folds

Hero shows J:heart: T:club:

Hero wins $2.95

CO: 14/12
      BTN: 17/12

SB: 18/14
      BB: 19/8 fcbet 73

In the session stats I think it showed 26% PFR from UTG, he was really attacking that fit fold player, because players after him are tight. I folded also lot so not having loose image and decided that he is doing it too much.

I tried to contruct top 26% range and put him on this:

22+,A2s+,K7s+,Q7s+,J8s+,T8s+,96s+,86s+,76s,65s,54s,ATo+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo

vs it I have 40% equity.

I did not 3bet because only 45% f3bet.

But the problem is I dominate not much hands, but he dominates a lot of my ones. So call still is not that good I guess.

On flop he cbets so small, so could be a bluff. But also could be weak ace trying to get thin value.

I did not raise flop because I the only rep strong hands like AQ and sets. When I call, I can rep weaker range, but more likely that I have hit and can float.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Preflop he folded to about 5 3bets out of 11 most of which probably happened in BU vs Blinds spot so I wouldn't read too much into that esp when you know he is raising wider than before from UTG. Your hand is just too weak to call imo so it's a 3bet or fold. Don't forget that calling in MP increases the chances of multiway pot for which your hand becomes worse and worse.

As played though, your postflop line is fine. He cbets a lot so he is bound to have a lot of air and you rep a showdown value hand better by calling than by raising flop. You are capped but you are already that from preflop since you 3bet the hands that flop the nuts basically here. Turn bet vs check is completely straight forward, it's obviously the plan vs such guy that bets air too often and gives up later. :)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      would you call JTs?

Or what is the bottom range to call preflop in this spot?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      would you call JTs?

Or what is the bottom range to call preflop in this spot?
      JTs seems fine..Without aggro squeezers I'd probably have hands like 89s, QTs towards the bottom of my range along with small pairs. The more unlikely you are to get squeezed or even called (play position post) the more I'd call.. I would think about calling hands like A9, A8s as a default too.. Hard to actually define bottom of my range since it's basically a lot of different hand types that I would play differently.