[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - KJo vs good reg.

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hello guys ;)

Villain 22/17/740h 14% callopen btn and 5% 3b. Fold 69% vs flop CB. 0/2 on turn. 3,9agg 70w$sd

Q1: Should we bet bigger on this turn with our whole range on this texture?
      Q2: Is the river always check/call here?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2095106
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $53.97
      BTN: $108.71
      SB: $55.06
      BB: $17.68
      UTG: $34.97
      MP: $54.05

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with J :club: K :diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.37, BTN calls $1.37, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.49) J :heart: 5 :spade: 9 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BTN calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.49) 5 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, BTN calls $5

River: ($18.49) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $7, Hero calls $7
  • 4 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hey Farma,

you forgot to mention your own open and the way he sees you, it's crucial imho.

I think that ch/c with KJo is kinda bad anyway though ...

1) turn brings some more barreling hands to your range without sd value + you still continue with many hands because BTN has a lot of pps, 9x and you want to target them
      2) ^ that said you end up on river with a good amount of non-sd value hands which missed and even though I don't know you I'd say you will barrel them most of the time?
      3) ^ that said your ch should be perceived as quite strong and usually ch/cing imho ..
      but ofc you giveup sometime otherwise your frq. would be just crazy :D .. the question is do we really want to ch/c with KJ here?

If you think he's thin vbetter and bets QJ/JT here then it's not that big waste. but as far as my experiences go I think he will just chb them most of the time.

and there is where you're losing plenty of money :P .. Think about it, what's the difference between AcQc and KJ if he's not betting QJ/JT and turning 9x or other low pps on bluff?
      NONE! You lose to AJ which he bets always imho in both cases and beat all the rest .. However, with KJo you got clear vbet vs QJ/JT + TT, 9x (which he will call some amount of time ...)

I hope you got my point, ch/cing with KJ here is just kinda waste imho =) Ofc it might be good, but it depends on the opponet I wouldn't do it generally just because KJ is still strong in my range and we got worse hand to do it with the very same effect ..

cya =)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Solid post KF imo. I wanna add a few things though.

There aren't that many hands to double float flop and bluff river, he will usually have showdown value like you mentioned. KF's mention about your own image and range is valid but it's impossible for us to estimate here.

You could potentially also represent a good bunch of draws like QT, T8, flushdraws, KQ, 76s, etc. and if villain perceives your range to be polarised (not betting a hand like KJ, probably just QQ+) his Jx is as good as AJ so will often bluffcatch. It would also be useful to know how he constructs his 3betting range since that 5% can be top 5% or polarised which can include or exclude some hands from his preflop calling range.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Wowie good work KF !! Keep it up man :s_cool:

So can you also answer to the question about sizing? :)

Thanks both of you !
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Wowie good work KF !! Keep it up man :s_cool:

So can you also answer to the question about sizing? :)

Thanks both of you !
      @Sizing: it depends what your range actually is here. You would bet bigger if you would have more bluffs so you give your opponent worse odds to continue. If you only have made hands you can choose a slightly smaller sizing relative to the pot size. It also matters a lot on your perceived range, your opponent's perceived range and so forth. If you don't know much about him, think about how often you want to bet here.. Usually 3/4 pot is the standard in single raised pot with some draws out there, like here. It goes well with a sort of standard value/bluff ratio most people show up with here.