[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - KJo into sb 3b range?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hello guysss

BTN is +/- unknown. He plays only 2 tables so he's pbb not so good.
      BB is an aggro reg.

So with aggro reg in BB I'm most of the time just 3bet or folding nonpair hands. KJo goes into 3b range or top of our foldingrange (I know we also 3b some SC's but best KXo we fold)?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2095109
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $21.34
      CO: $50.21
      BTN: $50.00
      Hero (SB): $50.00
      BB: $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with J :spade: K :heart:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5, 1 fold, BTN calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.50) 2 :heart: Q :spade: A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.50, BTN calls $5.50

Turn: ($21.50) 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $13.50, Hero folds
  • 7 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Think of your own range and think if you'd barrel quite a few value hands. If you would, this can possibly go into your turn bluffing range because you have SOME equity and can still make Qx, JJ, TT, floats fold and win the pot. I don't mind check/folding that much but barreling is possible imo.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Yeah I'd barrel hearts on the turn fo sure :)

But, pre is good? this as bottom then?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Yeah I'd barrel hearts on the turn fo sure :)

But, pre is good? this as bottom then?
      I have almost 0% calling range in SB vs BU actually so whatever hand I play I would 3bet. Calling in SB vs BU will be an exception for me so this is definitely a 3bet preflop because it's ahead of BU's opening range, we have FE and we probably have more than enough postflop equity vs a calling range.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Cool but what do you do with PP's then in SB? I call ALWAYS with 77-99 (only when btn is short fish I raise pretty big to shove like any flop)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I 3bet or fold them. They play quite badly with a call.. the only pairs I can prob play well with a call are those you mentioned, add 66, TT sometimes, but that range is too narrow and easy to read by a competent opponent. You have to start giving people a bit more credit when it comes to skill on NL50 imo. Not saying not to be confident but realise some can also notice the fairly obvious plays.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      I 3bet or fold them. They play quite badly with a call.. the only pairs I can prob play well with a call are those you mentioned, add 66, TT sometimes, but that range is too narrow and easy to read by a competent opponent. You have to start giving people a bit more credit when it comes to skill on NL50 imo. Not saying not to be confident but realise some can also notice the fairly obvious plays.
      Exactly THIS! I was also thinking about this thing for a while but dunno how to fix this.

With bad player in BB we can flat more obv but dunno with regs only how to play those pairs from SB. I normally keep flatting them but I'm not sure :D . Can they exploit it rly?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      If you only flat that it's just too easy to play against you with position. You use a very defined and narrow range which makes it really easy to outplay you post imo. If you include them all in your 3betting range you can rep more sets post and you get a way more aggro image. If they start 4betting you can start shoving the pairs. Your range already contains all the best 3bet/5bet hands so you only need to see him getting out of line with 4betting, you don't have to change much.