[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - Big bet from fish.

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hello guys,

I dont bet flop because both are fish and I don't think they always fold Ahi. + they are passive and can slowplay pairs. Plan was to bet turn big if they checked again.

Okay cool, on the river the fish bets big and lately I see them showing up with nuts so much when they bet close to pot that I was not sure here.

35/10 over 18h

I guess it's a fold after all cause there's a good chance he now just checks AhX?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2095111
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $53.50
      BB: $100.46
      UTG: $18.44
      MP: $37.98
      CO: $60.55
      Hero (BTN): $55.94

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with K :heart: Q :spade:
      UTG raises to $1.50, MP calls $1.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($5.25) 4 :heart: 4 :club: 9 :heart: (3 players)
      UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($5.25) 7 :heart: (3 players)
      UTG checks, MP bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, UTG folds

River: ($8.25) K :diamond: (2 players)
      MP bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hola,

I'm thinking a lot about that turn call.. wondering if raising is not better.. Are your outs clean enough to just call? I kind of think it might be too weak to just call as a default so would try and rep a stronger hand and raise there.

River should be a fold imo.. His value range is still too wide.. AK, KQ, flushes, slowplayed stuff from the flop and I can't think of many bluffs in his range.

Btw, calling preflop with position is not really wrong if you are confident postflop but I usually 3bet or fold the offsuit hands that don't play well multiway.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Pre I don't sqz because OR is so short.

Thanks for the further info but isn't it a problem when he calls AhX vs our turnraise en the river bricks? (and we give up obv).

Thought so OTR. pretty big mistake to call :/
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Oh, damn.. didn't notice how short he is.. basically mixed up NL25 and NL50. :facepalm:

You can still consider squeezing though, he has 38bb, you can 3bet/fold vs that stack.

Postflop@turn, it's MP betting and he has money to play for behind, you can get quite creative here and raise big, bet river to make him fold one pair hands. If you don't think you can make him fold in a +EV way for you, I sort of dislike the call because I don't think you win often enough to justify it. I could definitely be wrong here but I've found myself in this situation very often and seemed to never win the pot.