Villain:
      24/19/85h
      8% total 3b
      this is 2nd time out of 7 he resteals from sb
      1st resteal vs hero
      50% CB. Don't know his freq in3b pot

BB is fishy 34/20.

Thoughts;
      Villain can't be 3betting with a bluffheavy range because BB can always call? So BB is kind of protecting me from 3bets right?

Now I think this hand is too strong to fold here OTB and looking back at it I think it's best to just 4B/fold. We could call KQs here... This because we don't rly know for sure how aggro he is 3betting and howmuch he barrels etc. So maybe just choosing the safe approach and 4b/fold?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 2095116
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $50.00
      SB: $54.32
      BB: $12.15
      CO: $47.05

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with Q :diamond: K :spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1, SB raises to $3, 1 fold, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($6.50) T :heart: Q :club: 6 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $3.29, Hero calls $3.29

Turn: ($13.08) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $8.50, Hero folds
  • 6 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hey man,

the 3bet SBvsBTN will be very likely even higher than the total one.

Well, the problem I see with this hand is that we've hit the best we could and we're still folding => what's the point of calling? ;) This should be the first thought imho.

This is so called "Monster syndrome" in 3bet pots, I got it too, but you always have to think rationally - if he has at least 8% range. How does it look like?
      Value range - TT+,AQ+
      Bluff range - A5s-, JTs-78s maybe some low pps?

idk .. the thing is that 5 isn't that huge blank is it might seem imho (78,98) and he's still barreling fds, which is very often std imho to fold you Ahigh hands ..
      I'd be calling the turn deffo too .. for reasons ^

cya
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KillerFishes
      Hey man,

the 3bet SBvsBTN will be very likely even higher than the total one.

Well, the problem I see with this hand is that we've hit the best we could and we're still folding => what's the point of calling? ;) This should be the first thought imho.

This is so called "Monster syndrome" in 3bet pots, I got it too, but you always have to think rationally - if he has at least 8% range. How does it look like?
      Value range - TT+,AQ+
      Bluff range - A5s-, JTs-78s maybe some low pps?

idk .. the thing is that 5 isn't that huge blank is it might seem imho (78,98) and he's still barreling fds, which is very often std imho to fold you Ahigh hands ..
      I'd be calling the turn deffo too .. for reasons ^

cya
      I agree quite a bit.

We need to know his 3betting range, not just frequency but given the high overall frequency, it should be a very wide range in these positions.

Furthermore, you did hit quite well on a board where he has quite a few strong bluffs since you don't block any heart combo draw. I would go with KF's line and call this turn, possibly call a blank river too, not sure, depends a lot on in game timings and any prev hand I can remember.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Okay few comments from my side here.

1) Is call preflop best in the first place?
      2) Do you agree his range should be quiet tight because of fish in BB?
      3) We can't rly say he 3bets 8% on that sample.
      4) That turn sucks. Not good to barrel
      5) The floptexture alone hits my range good so he shouldn't CB too light.
      6) His turnsize is pretty big, it's like he wants to protect.
      7) We still have AQ and TT to call turn

cya :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Okay few comments from my side here.

1) Is call preflop best in the first place?
      Given the odds and strong hand I think yes.

2) Do you agree his range should be quiet tight because of fish in BB?
      No, I think 3betting SB a lot is the default play nowadays on NL50 so any call would be an exception from his standard. I doubt he will 3bet less, maybe more polarised in which case KQo is even better.

3) We can't rly say he 3bets 8% on that sample.
      True, we can't say it's 8% but we are probably 90% sure it's not 4% only either. He looks like an average regular and the average regular will definitely have around 8% 3bet range there imo.

4) That turn sucks. Not good to barrel
      It's a blank but the flop already gives most his 3betting range huge equity to bet twice.

5) The floptexture alone hits my range good so he shouldn't CB too light.
      Yes, but he is still left with the flushdraws and combo draws as bluffs. I think a hand like AK with one heart will often barrel twice too. If the board hits your range so much, do you think you can make him fold AA? If so, shove because he will only call a hand like AQhh, QQ probably which means 2 combos.

6) His turnsize is pretty big, it's like he wants to protect.
      He is a regular, first thing he is taught is to try and have the same sizing with value and bluffs. Some deviate and you will see that but before you see him deviate just don't read much into sizing.

7) We still have AQ and TT to call turn
      AQ is not a lot better than KQ here though imo.. Does he 3bet all his AQ preflop? If he does, AQ splits against a few more hands instead of losing which does indeed add a couple of %s to your equity but you don't really crush him more. I agree that you can have TT but that's the only nutted hand you have here plus I'd say TT can be a 4bet/call quite often in these spots so I would not have that either some of the time which means KQ goes up in my own range.

cya :)
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      woohoo brilliant reply manu!

btw; I don't think he folds AA if I shove =) . So call twice with KQ and call 3 times with AQ? :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      woohoo brilliant reply manu!

btw; I don't think he folds AA if I shove =) . So call twice with KQ and call 3 times with AQ? :)
      Yeah, that's one of the ways to split your range... or call any KQ, AQ without a heart so you can include the nice flushdraws in his range.. if you have a heart you have to discount some combos which matter when getting to face quite a narrow range.