UTG ($34.12) 136bb
      UTG+1 ($32.40) 130bb
      CO ($27.55) 110bb
      BTN ($35.15) 141bb
      Hero (SB) ($25) 100bb
      BB ($44.50) 178bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is SB J:heart: Q:club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BB calls $0.50

Flop: 9:heart: 3:heart: 2:heart: ($1.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BB calls $1

Turn: 10:diamond: ($3.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2.49, BB calls $2.49

River: 5:spade: ($8.48, 2 players)
      Hero bets $6.04

Villain: http://pasteboard.co/6fkN0k5.png

How would you play this hand? Bet sizing?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DarkAwi,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: We should make a plan for our hand. If you 3-barrel here, like you did, what do you want villain to fold on each street?

Villain folds a fair amount to cbets and I would expect him to not float super light here even though we are BvB. So for example I doubt that he calls a hand like KdJc. However he can have pairs (esp with a heart) and other Khx, Ahx hands.

So my plan here would be to bet the flop for about 3/4 pot and then follow through on anything that either improves our perceived range or hand (like T, J, Q, K, A).

On this turn I would continue with 3/4 bet and then given that villain is actually showdown happy (check the higher WTSD and lower W$SD) I would actually ck/fold. I think that we may have a hard time to even get him to fold AhX and KhX and weak pairs should have folded the turn.
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      His range is weak/capped, most likely 9x, and pocket pairs with FD, maybe AhXx, and KhXx. Do you think he folds anything from this range on turn? I don't think so, but I think he folds every pocket pairs, and AhXx, KhXx draws on the river, maybe some 9x aswell. It needs to work ~40% of the time.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DarkAwi
      His range is weak/capped, most likely 9x, and pocket pairs with FD, maybe AhXx, and KhXx. Do you think he folds anything from this range on turn? I don't think so, but I think he folds every pocket pairs, and AhXx, KhXx draws on the river, maybe some 9x aswell. It needs to work ~40% of the time.
      I think he folds some small pockets and Khx enough for us to show a profit with a bet there. I just think that on such a blank river where we can expect a looser villain (like this 28% WTSD over big sample) to have a hard time folding many better hands. We can also expect some Ahx to raise the flop some times so he doesn't have as many as 9x, or even Tx hands. And we are BvB and I'd expect a calling station reg to give me even less credit and call really light.