MP: $11.24
      CO: $18.66
      BTN: $10.56
      SB: $10.00
      Hero (BB): $10.12
      UTG: $10.60

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:diamond: A:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, MP calls $0.30, CO calls $0.30, fold, SB raises to $1.30, Hero raises to $3.20, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $10.00 and is all-in, Hero calls $6.80

Flop: ($20.90, 2 players) T:spade: 2:club: 3:diamond:

Turn: ($20.90, 2 players) T:club:

River: ($20.90, 2 players) 6:spade:

SB shows A:heart: A:diamond: (Two Pair, Aces and Tens) (Pre 94%, Flop 97%, Turn 100%)
      Hero shows K:diamond: A:spade: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 6%, Flop 3%, Turn 0%)
      SB wins $19.51

Is it ok to 4bet/broke here? Villain is 23/23/66/0 from 27 hands, which doesn't say much, very easy to have 27 hands and not 3bet.

I stack off because its "standard" but I don't think I'm ever seeing QQ here (maybe I'm just getting unlucky in these spots not to see QQ) but too often I am seeing AA and it feels like a losing play.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Metza,

Preflop: A cold 4-bet does get a lot of respect but I do think that we may see QQ in this spot some amount of the time but I doubt it's enough.

So I would prefer 4-betting smaller and folding to a shove without reads.

What would you do in this spot with AK or QQ (if you were him)?
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I would probably fold AK/QQ to a cold 4bet at NL10 vs unknown because I have rarely if ever seen anyone do it without KK+. It is very player dependent though. Actually a few minutes after this got it in AK vs QQ in similar spot but vs 35/17 player (and lost :f_biggrin: ) But rarely feel good about 5betting AK, its never a fist pump shove except vs whale these days.

Personally I would be squeezing quite light in his position as UTG is raising 17% here and caller is calling wide so it a great spot to squeeze which is why I 4bet/call but of course he is only playing his cards :facepalm:
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by metza
      I would probably fold AK/QQ to a cold 4bet at NL10 vs unknown because I have rarely if ever seen anyone do it without KK+. It is very player dependent though. Actually a few minutes after this got it in AK vs QQ in similar spot but vs 35/17 player (and lost :f_biggrin: ) But rarely feel good about 5betting AK, its never a fist pump shove except vs whale these days.

Personally I would be squeezing quite light in his position as UTG is raising 17% here and caller is calling wide so it a great spot to squeeze which is why I 4bet/call but of course he is only playing his cards :facepalm:
      I agree with you fold AK/QQ to a cold 4-bet without knowing the villain.

The example you gave is a bit different if those stats were over a decent sample and he was fishy and 3-bet happy (or 4-bet happy).

Keep in mind that when we 5-bet/shove AK or 4-bet AK we shouldn't do it just because we want to get the money in. Sometimes that's enough because ranges are wide enough.

The real value comes from taking down the pot without actually getting to showdown.

So I 4-bet and collect the dead money, or I shove and villain folds and thus I collect a big jackpot.

And if money goes in, we are doing ok but never in superb shape. And in spots like this we will actually be behind so thus 4-bet/folding makes more sense.