Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:diamond: 9:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.95, 2 players) A:diamond: 2:diamond: 7:spade:
      Hero bets $0.68, BTN calls $0.68

Turn: ($2.31, 2 players) T:club:
      Hero bets $1.65, BTN calls $1.65

River: ($5.61, 2 players) 8:heart:
      Hero bets $2.20, BTN calls $2.20

Overall gameplan in this situation was to bet 2 streets.

On flop I choose to Cbet 3/4 pot to make him fold Kx, Qx hands and to increase pot size if flush hits.
      After he calls Cbet his range could look like pairs 88-JJ, Ax, suited diamonds like KQ-T9, KJ-J9

Turn comes rather dry and my flush draw looks still good and I expect him to fold all underpairs.

River comes blank too and I decide to bet river by showing that I have AK, AQ type hand.
      At this point all diamond cards should fold too.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Ilioas,

Welcome to the evaluation boards.

Preflop: Is there any particular reason as to why we open so large in the CO? Do we have big fish in SB or BB?

Postflop: I think that the flop cbet is perfectly fine as a semibluff but what do we gain from a bet on the turn, other than to build up the pot?

We can't make better hands to fold unless he floats some weak pairs and can't really get called by worse.

What's his fold to cbet like over those 245 hands? If it's smaller and he doesn't go to showdown a ton it's possible that we can get him to fold 88-99 (but we block a 9 so less combos).

I think that 3-barreling versus such a guy is a big mistake. By that river his range is full of Ax hands and only a few better draws (Kx). We should simply check fold.

As a side note, please hit the "advise judge to take another look" button whenever you leave a reply that you would like us to respond to.

Best regards,