This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 AKo 3barrel bluff

• duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

Hero (SB): $50 (100 bb)
      BB: $129.58 (259.2 bb)
      MP: $16.11 (32.2 bb)
      CO: $56.50 (113 bb)
      BTN: $50.96 (101.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A K
      2 folds, BTN raises to $1, Hero raises to $4.25, BB folds, BTN calls $3.25

Flop: ($9) 7 J 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, BTN calls $5

Turn: ($19) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $10, BTN calls $10

River: ($39) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $30.75 and is all-in, BTN calls $30.75

Anon table.

BTN looked like a TAG on small sample.

Is this a good spot for triple barreling? His range is quite capped, sometimes JJ hits, but top of his range is probably AJ...
      I thought that with a river push I can make him fold 88-TT, even most Jx hands.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

It could be good. I really like bluffing River especially on this heart to rep the flush. I think he should be folding many of his baby flush draws on the turn especially when the board pairs. but he may stick around with many JX and 88-TT on the Turn so I think betting River is mandatory.

But anyway if I bet turn it's usually to shove, even on blank rivers.

With that said, I think this is a very villain-dependent spot. I'll look at Turn and River Fold to cbet, as well as WTSd to decide whether I should shove here.

You pretty much picked the best hand in your range to use as a 3barrel bluff. So even if you just keep using AhX as a default 3barrel bluff hand, I think it's fine.

Thanks.
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Thanks, he showed K:hQ, but I think his turn call was quite bad (or strange at least), so I had to reevaluate his solid TAG image... :) It's nice to see though, that you agree with the play, cause I also felt it was good, despite the result.