This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max AKo fish raises large on K high flop

• ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $11.91
      BTN: $12.89 Fish - 61/0 -18 hands
      SB: $21.69
      BB: $12.37
      Hero (UTG): $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:club: A:heart:

Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BTN calls $0.40, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.95, 2 players) 9:club: K:spade: 3:spade:
      Hero bets $0.60, BTN raises to $2.71, Hero raises to $9.60 and is all-in, BTN calls $6.89

Turn: ($20.15, 2 players) 7:club:

River: ($20.15, 2 players) Q:diamond:

Fish flats preflop and on K high board makes a large raise.

My plan on flop is to get all money in. So I start with Cbet.
      After he raises I expect him to raise with range like: AA, AK, Kx, QQ-TT, sets,
      Flush draws are most likely out of his range.
      So basically with shoving I expect value from Kx, pocket pair hands.

Another line I could have taken might be just folding due to extreme aggression from fish.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

Its kind of hard to say with the limted info provided. If we assume he is passive then this might be a fold.

but there are many fishes out there who just play passive preflop and play aggro with a wide range of hands postflop. I think with the top pair top kicker, I don't mind playing for stacks especially if there are some draws out there. He may sometimes raise/shove the Flop with KQ and KJ.

His raise size is also kind of big, so I think calling becomes an inferior option as raise sizes increase in size. If he makes a small raise then calling becomes more attractive.

In conclusion, I think it's close, I don't mind shoving here as I feel that he could have some worse KX hands for value too.

Thanks.