PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $13.04
      Hero (BTN): $13.89
      SB: $19.00 22/9 AFq 9 - 91 hands
      BB: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has T:spade: T:club:

UTG raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, SB raises to $2.00, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.60

For a steel I might assign a range like AK, AQ, KQ, KJ, AA-99

Flop: ($4.50, 2 players) 8:diamond: A:spade: 7:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.40, SB raises to $4.90, Hero raises to $11.89 and is all-in, SB calls $6.99

When he checks on flush possible board I exclude AK, AQ hands that should bet for value. So that leaves KQ, KK-99 - that I try to make him fold with raise.
      After he shoves I do interpret that as bluff to make me fold most of my range except AK

Turn: ($28.28, 2 players) 3:diamond:

River: ($28.28, 2 players) 7:diamond:
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: This squeeze size is way too large to call in my opinion. Note that you have already put in 20 big blinds preflop, which is a typical 4bet size at higher stakes.

You should have a good plan postflop and you should be well aware of your opponent's tendencies before making this call here. If not you are just spewing money

Flop: I think this is why you should fold preflop. This is clearly spew. I see absolutely no reason why you should assume that he never has AX here when he checks. Or why he should be bluffing with a c/r line (as opposed to bluff betting the Flop right away).

I'm also not sure why you are betting the Flop. What is your plan here? Do you intend to bluff the Turn as well? What are you putting him on when he checks the Flop? Are you trying to bluff him off better hands like KK QQ JJ? Or are you trying to go for value vs 99 or some other worse hands like draws?

Analyzing your thought Process

Disclaimer: I still highly disagree with all the assumptions you made. I just want you to examine your own logic and thought process, which doesn't make too much sense, given the line you took.

Based on the preflop range you assigned him of KQ KJ AK AQ AA-99, if you stack off here,you are still an underdog since you lose to KK/QQ/JJ still. Not that I agree with your assumptions here, but based on your own logic you have absolutely no reason to stack off here. Given what you feel about his range, the most appropriate thing to do is to call and call blank Turns.
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      Usually when people 3bet from blainds their range is fairly wide and if checked on A high board I am willing to bet 2 streets to take the pot down.
      In this case villains stats does not show that he is rather loose with any kind of action.

This particular case with shoving now seems way out of any understanding.
      Normally I do like to fold anything to a 3bet but to 4bet shove with AK,AA-JJ.

Betting 2 streets works better on regular pots instead of 3bet pot.

Lately I am trying to take down nearly every possible pot that shows weakness either by opponent checking or pot looking nonconnected like K52, Q66

That strategy increases redline but what I see is that it leads to dramatic drop of blue line because I am deeper with money in pot and are more often seeing showdown.

I have not figured yet how to balance them.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      You should avoid fighting for every pot. And when people check Ace high Flops as the Preflop aggressor, they usually have something, like weak AX or KK/QQ. Why would he not cbet his air as a bluff?

So if you want to bluff here, you should multi-barrel 3 streets to make sure he folds by the River.

With that said, if you are 3barrel bluffing here every time, your opponent has a very easy time just calling 3 times. I think you should be more selective in your spots. Try to pick hands with equity to improve. Not pocket pairs. You also have showdown value here and you may win some non 0% of the time (maybe he somehow checks down with some random 99 or 88 hand here and we win).