Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has 6:heart: A:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.75, fold, Hero calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25, 3 players) 9:heart: A:spade: A:club:
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets $2.14, Hero calls $2.14, fold

Turn: ($6.53, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($6.53, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      Hero bets $3.10, fold

I figured out that I'm totally messed up in preflop play :f_confused: ...
      I've never used any chart and always played it by "feeling" but I'm starting to think that I'm burning really a lot of money Oo ..

Could you help me with this one? I hope you don't mind it's more general question than just a hand =) ..

1) 88-, I figured 2 days ago that calling them vs BTN/CO on blinds without other players/fish behind isn't really good :f_biggrin: ... They got wide range => never getting paid. Therefore, I added them rather into my 3bet range, ok? IP it's std..
      2) QJs - 65s IP - never sure, NEVER .. I'm trying to estimate it by players behind me and if I got any reads on the PFA so I could expoloit him postflop, but is it ever some kind of autopilot call? Really not sure ..
      OOP - against one raise and no calls I really can't see how could I call these?
      3) ATs- kinda same but I assume they're stronger so should it be an "autopilot" call vs open being IP (esp when there are no sq maniacs + fish is sitting on blinds)..
      OOP - really never sure :/

I know that a lot of judgers play zoom, could you share your adjustments with calling pre on this version of poker? =) I'm thinking that vs stronger range I should have more implied odds, however, in the same time I got less equity and I'm more dominated .. soo ... really lost :D

• 1 reply
    • mbml

1) Are you talking about mid pocket pairs? I think it's an easy call. You don't have to play them purely for set-mining purposes, they also have a good amount of showdown value.

2) Suited Broadway are usually better for calling. Of course you should 3bet AQs and AKs in late position. But in general, they are extremely playable because high cards + suitedness + connectedness = being able to continue on many flops.

For smaller suited connectors I prefer to 3bet or fold. 65s falls in that category.

3) ATs is also a suited broadway - Falls in same category as QJs.

being in the SB is always a good reason to 3bet or fold really often, as opposed to calling. BB can either come along really often, or even squeeze and force you out of the pot.

I think in this case it is a decent spot to 3bet vs the CO opener.

As played postflop seems fine.