How to connect PC to TV Via HDMI?

• ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey all,

I'm trying to connect my PC to my TV via HDMI but having no such luck, a blank image with "No Signal" is displayed. I know very little about HD etc so anyone with any knowledge would be cool!

I do have my Xbox360 linked to the TV through HDMI with no problems at all but my PC-TV is having none of it!

I would list down lots of specs off stuff but will wait to see what specs anyone needs to determine wtf is up.
      I have used the PC to connect via VGA and it works fine, if that helps.
  • 8 replies
    • calin1990
      calin1990
      Bronze
      IF you want to connect your TV with you PC trough a HDMI you have to set your computer and tv to see each other. For that, you have to put your tv on the right input and set your pc to send signal to TV

If you have a laptop you must have a key on your keyboard to do this. FN+F8 most of the cases,.

If not go in the “Control Panel” from the Start menu. Double-click the “Display” icon and click the “Settings” tab. The manual for your HDMI TV will list the screen resolutions it supports, along with the refresh rates. Configure the resolution in the “Settings” tab, and then click the “Advanced” button to set the refresh rate. If you are using the HDMI TV as the second monitor, you will also have to configure how it is used by Windows, according to the instructions pertaining to your video card. Most cards offer a “Clone” or “Mirror” mode, where both screens display the same content. Alternately, the “Extended Desktop” mode will allow each monitor to operate independently.
    • PSBallin
      PSBallin
      Basic
      Are you using a HDMI-HDMI cable? Because from what I remember you need a converter to go from VGA to HDMI, as VGA is analog and HDMI is digital.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      I plug the cable into the TV hit F2 and boom :)
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PSBallin
      Are you using a HDMI-HDMI cable?
      Yup :]

Followed some of the advice, but some of these options just don't seem to be around.

My PC doesn't even recognize that I have a 2nd Monitor.

I'll have another mess around and see what I can achieve, if I can't work it out would someone be able to use remote assistance and check the settings for me and see what the problem could possibly be?
    • calin1990
      calin1990
      Bronze
      If you agree i could connect via Team Viewer and try to fix your problem. Anyway your problem could be from the Tv not from the PC. Are you sure you put your tv on the right input ?
      PM me if you want more info.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by calin1990
      If you agree i could connect via Team Viewer and try to fix your problem. Anyway your problem could be from the Tv not from the PC. Are you sure you put your tv on the right input ?
      PM me if you want more info.
      I've honestly got no idea. I have 2 TV's that I've tried, once is my Samsung and the other some cheap "Acoustic Solutions" brand :D

I'll add you in Com Tool and setup sometime to try it out. It wont be today though.

Ta!
    • calin1990
      calin1990
      Bronze
      i saw you added me as friend but i can nor accept. Dont know why ..
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by calin1990
      i saw you added me as friend but i can nor accept. Dont know why ..
      That's odd...

I'll find out what's up!