[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Fr Kk

• Firuminis
      Firuminis
      Bronze
      Hello there!

So after a long break from poker, I decided to learn cash. I was playing micro sng's before, but it didn't really go anywhere, because of low volume. As of now I played about 5k hands of nl2 and I realize I suck at postflop play. But it's ok, I feel I'm motivated to learn, so I'm going to post hands and see where it goes from here :) Cheers!

By the way I'm a nit, 12/8 but I hope to expand my preflop range a bit, when I'll be more comfortable postflop :D

Full Tilt, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP3: $2.32 (116 bb)
      CO: $2 (100 bb)
      BTN: $3.58 (179 bb)
      SB: $1.98 (99 bb) (33/11)
      BB: $1.73 (86.5 bb)
      Hero (UTG+2): $2 (100 bb)
      MP1: $0.62 (31 bb)
      MP2: $2.54 (127 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K K
      Hero raises to $0.06, MP1 calls $0.06, 2 folds, CO calls $0.06, BTN folds, SB calls $0.05, BB folds

Flop: ($0.26) 5 7 5 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.16, 2 folds, SB calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.58) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.26, SB raises to $0.52, Hero raises to $1.78 and is all-in, SB calls $1.24 and is all-in

River: ($4.10) 2 (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results:
      $4.10 pot ($0.27 rake)
      Final Board: 5 7 5 6 2
      SB showed 9 A and won $3.83 ($1.85 net)
      Hero showed K K and lost (-$1.98 net)

Bigger Cbet, fold on turn after c/r?
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: At NL2, especially when you are playing so tight, just open to 4BB, at least from earlier positions where your range is strong. These NL2 players just call too much and you should maximise your value from their weaker ranges preflop.

Raising smaller only makes more sense when players are tighter and more aggressive with a lot of 3betting.

Turn: I think the Turn bet is fine. But make sure you bet/fold vs the raise. A Turn or River raise is almost always the nuts (2 pairs or better) at the micro stakes.

Not going to try drawing to my K high flush when board is already paired or opponent may already have nut flush (may be drawing dead). Also even when we hit on the River, we cannot bet too big since we do not have the nuts.

Shoving the turn is a clear overplay.

Thanks.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Nice to see that you came back to poker and you chose cash.

Preflop is fine of course. You could consider raising 4bb from this position especially when you play tight though.

On the flop, being four-way, I'd make it $0.22.

Betting the turn again is fine, and I'd make it around $0.4.
      When he minraises I think that stacking off is a huge overplay here. I would actually consider folding even though we have the Kh, since we could have very small equity against so much hands - Ahxh, full house so I'd just take the safest way here and muck this one.

Best,
      Plamen