BB: 100 BB
      UTG: 40 BB
      MP: 151.05 BB
      Hero (CO): 99 BB
      BTN: 11.4 BB
      SB: 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:club: J:spade:

UTG calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls 3 BB

Flop: (9.5 BB, 2 players) Q:diamond: 4:spade: K:spade:
      UTG bets 1 BB, Hero raises to 7 BB, UTG calls 6 BB

Turn: (23.5 BB, 2 players) 2:spade:
      UTG bets 29 BB, fold

UTG wins 22.35 BB

6 hands VP 50%.

Is iso raise good against him with KJ?

Now turn is interesting. I read article nash equilibrium, and as I understood, this should be a call because I have one spade, so he has more combos of missed straight draw, gutshot, Qx than combos of flush draw.
      But if I follow nash equilibrium, I dont expect this call to be profitable. Because his play looks to me fishy, but flush almost always.
      So I wanted to ask, do you follow nash equilibrium strategy, or relly on your reads?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Mlatasrb,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Given how short the player is we should look to raise bigger on the flop for value/protection, to about 10 bb+

You do want to follow your reads here, but what reads are we following? For example if we've seen villain ck/call pairs in similar spots thats a read you want to follow. And we also can't forget that not all draws got there (like TJ or gutshots). So I think this is actually close because we can expect some fish to not shove the nut flush too often.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      What about nash equilibrium, should I follow that strategy? Do you usually use it?

I dont have reads on this particular player, but read how fishy players play in this situation. Fish standard line is limp call flop, limp call turn, donk river small, or donk on scare cards. Off course maybe this guy plays differently, but if I notice that most of fish plays this way with flush, then it is also more likely that this guy plays that way, and I fold.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      What about nash equilibrium, should I follow that strategy? Do you usually use it?

I dont have reads on this particular player, but read how fishy players play in this situation. Fish standard line is limp call flop, limp call turn, donk river small, or donk on scare cards. Off course maybe this guy plays differently, but if I notice that most of fish plays this way with flush, then it is also more likely that this guy plays that way, and I fold.
      This is how I see a general "nash equilibrium": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nash_equilibrium

We make the best decision possible given the information that we have, that's it. AFAIK Nash Equilibrium is more used in tournament play and it's mostly for HU play (me vs you type thing).

And I'm assuming you are only playing cash games, and they are not HU so this doesn't apply.

And yes, we play based on player specific reads but also player type specific reads. In this case you used player type specific reads which are more likely to be inaccurate, however it's better than not using any type of info at all.