BB: 100 BB
      Hero (UTG): 105.1 BB
      MP: 84.95 BB
      CO: 100 BB
      BTN: 123.05 BB
      SB: 127.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:club: Q:heart:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BTN raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 6 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 8:heart: T:club: Q:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 12 BB, Hero calls 12 BB

Turn: (43.5 BB, 2 players) 8:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 25 BB, Hero raises to 50 BB, BTN raises to 102.05 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 34.1 BB

River: (211.7 BB, 2 players) 4:heart:

Hero shows Q:club: Q:heart: (Full House, Queens full of Eights) (Pre 82%, Flop 95%, Turn 98%)
      BTN shows T:spade: T:heart: (Full House, Tens full of Eights) (Pre 18%, Flop 5%, Turn 2%)
      Hero wins 201.15 BB
      BTN wins 0 BB

2.2 k hands, VP23, PFR 18, 3b 11, 3bet from BTN 12, against UTG 9. 4b 4, folt to 4bet 65%. cbet flop 70%, turn 75% in 3bet pot

Is it ok spot to call preflop QQ OOP? his 3bet range is so wide, and it seems that he doesnt care about positions because his 3bet range is similar from all positions, and against all. If I 4bet, he folds mostly, we went so many times all in, and he does it AK, QQ+, rarely JJ. So I think it is the best to call, and his stats show that he cbets frequently flop and turn.

I planed to raise/broke on turn if I have overpair. Is it ok plan? Or let him bet river?
      I have no info about his river play in 3bet pots.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: The value in 4-betting QQ doesn't just come from the fact that we can get it all in in decent shape but also from pickup up the pot.

Of course though it's fine to call occasionally with these bigger pairs (JJ-KK) especially given our reads for his cbets in 3-bet pot.

Postflop: As played I think that check/shoving is fine as well calling and calling river. If he is an aggro player he may 3-barrel often to make us fold weaker pairs.

I don't think our min/ckraise can induce him to do anything bad and I don't see the extra value in it so I'd just shove it.