BB: 87.35 BB
      UTG: 101.1 BB
      MP: 49.75 BB
      Hero (CO): 298.45 BB
      BTN: 100 BB
      SB: 41 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:heart: A:diamond:

UTG raises to 2 BB, fold, Hero raises to 6 BB, fold, fold, BB calls 5 BB, fold

Flop: (14.5 BB, 2 players) Q:club: 9:spade: 6:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets 8 BB, BB calls 8 BB

Turn: (30.5 BB, 2 players) J:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: (30.5 BB, 2 players) 4:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets 22 BB, fold

Hero shows A:heart: A:diamond: (One Pair, Aces)
      Hero wins 29 BB

73 hands VP 20 PFR 7

His cold calling range is mostly 99-KK, AK, maybe also small PP, AQs.

I think turn card makes very ugly board, I am not sure if he calls another 2 bets with TT or AK, and the cards 99,JJ, QQ which I think are most frequent in his range are all on board. So I bet river because he obviously doesnt have strong cards. I was thinking of overbet river, e.g 40BB, that it looks like bluff?

Did I lose value playing this way in general? Obviously he wouldnt call turn and river, if he folds river, but I am asking if it is better to bet/fold turn shove river?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey mate,

I would expect QQ to 4bet pre some of the time and c/r flop others. 99 would also c/r flop some of the time so the only bad hand is JJ imo, Otherwise he has TT, QTs, JTs, KQ and AQ so much it's just a must bet on the turn imo.. We also have an easy fold vs a shove so no worries about what to do vs a raise. You don't miss out on much value if you check and the river blanks but you do let your opponent catchup quite often and you weaken your barreling range. If you check back, you have to think of how this goes into your range more.