Titan Summer Time bonus

• imTedwhoyou
      imTedwhoyou
      Bronze
      I have not received any Summer Time bonus yet, so asked TITAN for clarification. According to them I have generated $1209.47 rake and fees so far in July. They sent me the following;

"Upon checking you were issued $270.00 for loyalty Cash Bonus last 2008-07-01 15:03:23, then a total of $285.00 bonus dollar that was issued to you from Reload Bonuses. With this, you have received enough bonuses thus Summertime Bonus was not issued on your account."

I have just sent them the following;

"If you are deducting the Loyalty Bonus from the Summer Time bonus, then you are applying a penalty to the loyal players. Since I have earned enough TITAN Points to remain at the top level, I am much further ahead to play at another poker site where high volume play is rewarded, rather than penalized!

Please correct me if I am wrong in the following example.
      A low volume player who gets no loyalty bonus and has no reload bonus to clear generates $200 rake. If all other conditions of the bonus are met, this player will receive $80 Summer Time bonus.
      During the same period, I generate 6 times the rake, or about $1,200. However, because I am a loyal, high volume player who deposited at the wrong time and had a reload bonus, I receive absolutely nothing from the Summer Time bonus.

Thank you."

Am I the only one who sees something fundamentally wrong in this??
  • 5 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi imTedwhoyou,
      it seems that at the moment your bonus you gained through the loyality and reload bonuses gives you higher "rakeback" than 40%. So you won't get anything from the summer time bonus till your money you got throgh the bonuses is below this 40%.

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • imTedwhoyou
      imTedwhoyou
      Bronze
      Chiller;
      The more I think about this, the angrier I get.
      I received the loyalty bonus for my play in April, May, and June. It has nothing to do with my play in July, for which they tell me I generated over $1200.00 in rake. TITAN is deducting bonus I already earned, from any bonus earned in their July promotion. I think my example highlights the stupidity of this policy. A low volume player who gets no loyalty bonus and has no reload bonus to clear generates $200 rake. If all other conditions of the bonus are met, this player will receive $80 Summer Time bonus. During the same period, I generate 6 times the rake, or about $1,200. However, because I am a loyal, high volume player who deposited at the wrong time and had a reload bonus, I receive absolutely nothing from the Summer Time bonus. $1200 rake vs $200 rake. Who should receive a reward??

With respect to the reload bonus, TITAN wanted people to deposit, so they offered a reload bonus. To make the deposit by credit card costs me $5 for a cash advance, I get a terrible exchange rate, and have to pay interest on the full amount until it is repaid. It costs me about $30 to make $500 deposit . In any case, I made a deposit, and a few days later find out that reload bonus payments are deducted from Summer Time bonuses earned.

Whoever dreamed up the exclusions in the Summer Time bonus should have their head examined.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello imTedwhoyou,

Just before I start off into your specific case: The SummerTime bonus was conceptualized in a fashion so that it should not give any type of penalty to any PokerStrategy player while putting the minimum reward to $10 per $25 of generated rake (so 40%).

As any player that received more than 40% from active deposit bonuses or reloads would be unhappy if he were suddenly only to receive less - we instituted that these old bonuses would simply be subtracted from the SummerBonus (but not below 0) in order to ensure they could still generate above 40%. This was implemented as a FEATURE and NOT meant to punish high volume players (just the opposite actually).

We have in fact- since many players started complaining that the old program of reload and deposit bonuses gave them more money than before - re-instated reload bonuses for players with Diamond Status on Titan - and are constantly trying to perfect the system so that high volume players continue to receive high amounts of bonuses.

-----------

So much to the general concept of the promotion!

Now as I see in your description Titan seems to have messed up by including reload payouts from the 2008-07-01 into their calculation of how much Summer Bonus you should receive. This is in my opinion certainly not correct and is seemingly a mistake on their side. I agree that bonuses you cleared with play in the previous months should have no affect on your July payments.

According to my calculation you should receive

Your July Rake: $1200 * 0,4 minus whatever you cleared in bonuses in July (so apparently 285) meaning you should still receive around $200 to put you at the minimum of 40%.

Please try to once more contact the Titan support and make them explicitly aware that the $270 bonus from 2008-07-01 15:03:23 should not be calculated towards July as it it concerns June and see what they say. If the answer is not to your agreement - then contact me and I will see what I can do.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I think it won't work:

2. We will calculate it as: (Total Rake+Fee)*0.4 - (Total Bonuses)
      5. If a player received regular Reload Bonuses, they are part of the Total Bonuses and are subtracted from the calculation.
      6. If a player received the monthly Loyalty Bonus, it is part of the Total Bonuses and are subtracted from the calculation.
    • imTedwhoyou
      imTedwhoyou
      Bronze
      SoyCD;

The general concept looks good, but still needs some tweaking. Perception is much more important than the reasons behind the action, or even the reality of the results.
      My perception (and therefore my reality) is that if my Loyalty in July is valued at $200, (just for example), that $200 is reward for my Loyalty. If my play in July generates $300 bonus, and then you deduct $200 from it, you have just told me that my Loyalty is worthless. I would have earned the same total amount whether I was Loyal or not. In fact, someone who is only going to play at TITAN during the Summer Time bonus period and then dump them like a used handkerchief, will get exactly the same bonus for their July play! My viewpoint isn't necessarily logical, but that's the way I perceive the situation. ( And yes I realize that when stripped of fancy words, the Loyalty bonus has nothing to do with "Loyalty", it's based on volume of play, just like the Summer Time bonus. :rolleyes: )
      Offer me a glass of beer that I see is half filled and you're my friend for the evening. Offer me a glass of beer that I see is half empty, and I'll probably turn you down and walk away. Same amount of beer, different perception.
      As I said at the beginning, the general concept looks good. You just have to present it so that high volume players are rewarded, rather than 'not penalized', or 'not receiving less'. Don't ask me how you do that, it's way above my pay grade. :D
      I've written TITAN again, and pointed out the fact that the $270 bonus from 2008-07-01 15:03:23 should not be calculated towards July as it it concerns June, and asked TITAN VIP support to bump my request up a level. I'll keep you informed.